Afterglow - SJ

Request from my private messages -

3 years ago
Your pov-

I blew things out of proportion, now you're blue
Put you in jail for something you didn't do
I pinned your hands behind your back, oh
Thought I had reason to attack, but no

Scarlett- " you are being fucking ridiculous y/n. I LOVE YOU NOT LIZZIE."
You- " STOP LYING TO ME SCARLETT. I SAW THE PICTURES"
Scarlett- " THEY ARE FAKE. FANS DO IT ALL THE TIME"
You- " why can't I trust you"
Scarlett- " y/n I have loved you for 2 years now. I HAVE NEVER HURT YOU WHY ARE YOU ACCUSING ME"
You- " I don't know but I can't trust you."

Tears streaming down my face. I wanted her to fight for this relationship more.
Scarlett- " I'm leaving I can't with this. I've done nothing to you"

Just like that she walks out the door and I fall to the floor and sit against the wall, crying and crying.

Fighting with a true love is boxing with no gloves
Chemistry 'til it blows up, 'til there's no us
Why'd I have to break what I love so much?
It's on your face, and I'm to blame, I need to say

Scarletts pov-
Lizzie had been my best friend. There had always been flirting but that was our friendship. I'm on my way to hers now. I know it looks shitty but I don't know who to turn too.

I didn't want to hurt her but she was being impossible .

Hey
It's all me in my head
I'm the one who burned us down
But it's not what I meant
Sorry that I hurt you
I don't wanna do, I don't wanna do this to you
I don't wanna lose, I don't wanna lose this with you
I need to say, hey
It's all me, just don't go
Meet me in the afterglow

Lizzie- " Scarlett what are you doing here"
Scarlett- " y/n again"
Lizzie- " oh shit come in."

It's so excruciating to see you low
Just wanna lift you up and not let you go
This ultraviolet morning light below
Tells me this love is worth the fight, oh

Y/n's pov-
It was now 3 years later and Scarlett and Lizzie have been confirmed to be dating for 2 and a half years now. It gave me even more reason to think I was right. She never came back after that night. But tonight was the Oscars and I knew I would being seeing her here. It took me a while to get over her, a lot of tears shed but now I'm dating a beautiful girl Auli'i Cravalho. She's wonderful and reassured me whenever I'm overthinking.

I was wearing a beautiful dress that hugged my figure and Auli'i kept complimenting me as I got ready. I felt so confident.

I lived like an island, punished you with silence
Went off like sirens, just crying
Why'd I have to break what I love so much?
It's on your face, don't walk away, I need to say

Hey
It's all me in my head
I'm the one who burned us down
But it's not what I meant
I'm sorry that I hurt you
I don't wanna do, I don't wanna do this to you
I don't wanna lose, I don't wanna lose this with you
I need to say, hey
It's all me, just don't go
Meet me in the afterglow

Time skip red carpet-
Paparazzi- " Scarlett Lizzie over here"
Other paparazzi- " y/n Auli'i, awww gorgeous girls"

Auli'i had her arm around my waist and we were facing eachother and she gave me a kiss. They all went wild and the cameras all turned to us.

Scarlett- " y/n hey"
You- " hi Scarlett"

This was really uncomfortable.

Scarletts pov-
Me and Lizzie had been fighting for months now. She accused me of never getting over y/n and she wasn't wrong. I never got closure and now our relationship was in the edge.

Lizzie whispers in my ear- " we are done. I see the way you look at her. It's not fair on me Scar. I need reassurance. I need to know you love me"

She walks off to find Renner and Downey. I had made such a mess. I never changed. Why couldn't I get this right. I never should've walked out that night.

Tell me that you're still mine
Tell me that we'll be just fine
Even when I lose my mind
I need to say
Tell me that it's not my fault
Tell me that I'm all you want
Even when I break your heart

Scarlett- " y/n can we talk"
You- " yeh let's go. I'll meet u inside Auli'i"

You- " what's up."
Scarlett- " I want you back. I never got over you. I still love you. I'm sorry I walked out. I don't want her hands all over you. You are made for me"
You- " Scarlett stop. You can't walk out on me. Leave me broken for months and months. You see I'm finally happy and now you want me back. You moved on quick and it broke me. It shattered my heart. I'm sorry but I can't do this. I'll see you later"
Scarlett- " okay here it is. Your choice. It's her or me. And I'm sure she's really great. But y/n. I love you, in a really, really big- pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window – unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me. Choose me. Love me."
You- " Scarlett when I met you I thought I had found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I was done, so all the girls and all the bars and all the obvious mommy issues, who cared? Because I was done. You left me! I make no apologies for moving on"

I need to say, hey
It's all me in my head
I'm the one who burned us down
But it's not what I meant
Sorry that I hurt you
I don't wanna do, I don't wanna do this to you
I don't wanna lose, I don't wanna lose this with you
I need to say, hey
It's all me, just don't go
Meet me in the afterglow

Scarlett- " y/n please"
You- " no no. I'm sorry."

She walks inside and I'm left standing there. I've just lost everything in 10 minutes.

A/n- alot of angst but do u want a pt2 or was this an ok finish. Also remember to check out reputation :)