chapter 85

Harry signals to Ron, and he nods his head. He stops at a specific spot, pretending to tie his shoelaces as Harry shoota a spell at a Ministry lady, knocking her out.

Ron grabs her by the legs and pulls her into this blocked-off place that we're in. Hermione takes a strand of her hair and puts it in the polyjuice potion she made for herself.

"Right. Remember what we said: don't speak to anyone unless absolutely necessary. Just try and act normal. Do what everybody else is doing. If we do that, then with a bit of luck, we'll get inside. And then-" Hermione says, handing me, Harry and Ron our Polyjuice Potions.

"It gets really tricky" Harry cuts.

"Correct" Hermione says.

"Yeah. This is completely mental" Harry says.

"Completely" Hermione repeats as we all look at the 2 men and 2 women in front of us.

"The world's mental. Come on, we've got a Horcrux to find"

We drink our potions and steal clothes from the person we morphed into, making our way into the Ministry.

Me and Hermione go together while rooms nd Harry go together, all 4 of us meeting at the busiest floor. A stone statue rests in the middle of it with Muggles on it, their fear clear.

"Are those-" Harry asks.

"Muggles" Hermione finishes. "In their... rightful place"

"Gotta tell you, I'm starting to freak out a bit" Ron says.

"How long did you say this batch of polyjuice would last, Hermione?" Harry asks.

"I didn't" Hermione answers.

The 4 of us go onto an elevator, but a man stops it from closing, staring at Ron.

"Cattermole. It's still raining inside my office. That 2 days now" the man says.

"Have you tried an umbrella?" Ron asks, distress vibrant in his voice.

"You do realize I'm going downstairs, don't you, Cattermole?" the man asks.

"Downstairs?" Ron asks.

"To interrogate your wife. Now, if my wife's blood status was in doubt... and the head of Department of Magical Law Inforcment needed a job doing... I think I just might make that a priority. You have 1 hour" the man says, then leaves.

Ron closes the door quickly and presses a floor number, all of us holding onto a grip thing on the elevator, it going backwards, then up.

"Oh my god. What am I gonna do? My wife's all alone downstairs" Ron says.

"Ron, you don't have a wife" I say.

"Oh, right" Ron says, glancing at me, then forwards again "But how do I stop it raining?" Ron asks as the elevator reaches the level. The door opens.

"Does he have a brain?" uncle Reg asks, scaring the shit out of me.

"What are you doing here? And yes, he does have a brain, you idiot" I say to uncle.

"Helping you" uncle says, making me roll my eyes.

"Try Finite Incantatem. This is you Ron" Hermione says.

When Ron doesn't move, Harry pushes him out the elevator.

"Finite Incantatem. Okay. And if that doesn't work?" Ron asks, looking back at us, but the elevator door closes.

The elevator begins moving again.

"I'd say if we don't locate Umbridge within the hour, we find Ron and come back another day. Deal" Harry says, so I nod my head.