6

Third POV

Venti peeked through the door into Xiao's room, inside, he was staring at something.

Venti opened the door and walked in. Xiao seemed so focused on the object in his hands he didn't notice Venti coming in.

"Xiao?" Venti tapped his shoulder.

Xiao jumped and visibly tensed.

He quickly hid the thing he was looking at behind him.

"What's that?" Venti asked, curious.

"Nothing. Leave." Xiao turned his head away.

Because of Venti's curious personality, he wanted to know what it was.

He thought of a plan.

He came closer to Xiao, nose almost touching each other.

Xiao was taken aback, he blushed and tried backing away, just to realise it was a wall behind him. He tried pushing Venti away.

Who knew Xiao was so easily embarrassed? Venti giggled silently.

"What are you doing!-"

Venti quickly snatched the stuff from Xiao. 

"HEY GIVE THAT BACK TO ME!" Xiao reached out to take it back, but Venti held it higher, and Xiao was shorter than him...

"Shortie." Venti snickered.

Xiao's face was red with anger.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A SHORTIE? YOU ARE SHORT TOO!" He yelled.

"You're shorter than me?" Venti tilted his head playfully.

Xiao was shivering with rage.

Venti ignored him and focused on the object in his hand.

It was a family photo. There was a beautiful woman with similar hair colour to Xiao's next to the king and in the middle was a young boy with a stoic expression that looked like Xiao.

Oops, he shouldn't have taken it.

He glanced nervously at the trembling Xiao, sweating profusely.

"Pathetic right?" Xiao spoke, looking down at the floor.

Venti looked at him.

"I'm looking at a family photo with my parents who abandoned me. Ganyu told you, I assume?" He sighed and looked over to the side.

Venti stayed silent for a while.

"There's nothing pathetic about that." Venti smiled.

He placed his hands lightly on Xiao's shoulder.

"You know they abandoned you, but deep down you still love them, there's nothing wrong about that, I'm sure they love you too. If things hadn't ended up like that, I'm sure you'd be a happy family."

Venti looked him straight in the eye.

"And, this proves that you're a great son. You've never stopped loving your family. Despite the situation."

He smiled warmly at Xiao.

Xiao looked away.

"Perhaps."

"Also," Venti let go of him and scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "I wanted to apologise for earlier. I shouldn't have brought this topic up, and reminded you of your past...I'm sorry."

Xiao sighed. 

"It's fine. You didn't know. Just...don't do it again."

Venti visibly brightened up.

"Alright! I'm going to go now! See you!" He walked to the door and opened it.

Xiao hummed in response while picking up his book to read again. Venti walked out of the room and closed the door.

His smile slowly dropped.

You're a good son.

It reminded him of his mother. She used to say the same thing when she was still alive. 

Oh, how he missed her. 

He walked to his room and shut the door, then jumped onto the bed.

He suddenly felt homesick, and it's was just the first day.

.

.

.

.

.

Hello!

Have you realised the chapters are getting shorter and shorter? Don't question me about it  :D

I messed up the timeline??? I'm so bad at this-

UMMMM HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT???

I'm gonna include other ships like Xingyun and Ganqing in this book too

Yantao too probably idk still thinking bout how to fit Yanfei into this story-

I'm working on a drawing of Xiao (yes I draw), I would probably put that in the next chap- I'll see if I can finish it tmr, it took forever ;-;

Aight BYE

u w u