chapter 7

A/n: again, I don't read through my stories before I post them. so if there's a mistake or something that bothers you, feel free to tell me in the comments and I'll update it if I feel that it's necessary. :>

~~~

"Aunt Leah, please lie down.." you plead with a concerned expression, guiding your aunt to the couch and sitting her down.

"Haah.. I'm sorry, y/n. It seems this sick aunt has been bothering you too much lately, despite you having to work everynight." She said. You proceed to carefully lay your aunt's head on the armrest, sighing. She has had a cold for over a month now with no signs of getting better, no matter how hard you've tried to help her get better. Even calling days off of work, or coming in late from time to time.

"Hey, it's alright. If it's for you, this much is nothing, my friend." You place your hand on her forehead and gasp. "Woah, aunt. You're really burning up. Don't worry, and just relax while I call up Dr. Smith." You take out your phone from your pocket and head to the kitchen, calling your aunt's personal doctor. On the way, you accidentally bump into Gregory. He looks up at you.

"Oh, y/n!" Gregory chirps with a smile. He was covered from head to toe in mud and dirt. You frown a little as you look behind him, seeing the muddy trail of footprints covering the kitchen tiles leading from the back door. You had just cleaned the house earlier this morning too.

"Gregory.. how many times have I told you not to come inside of the house with your boots on?" You frown a little, waiting for the phone to pick up.

"Oh, but y/n! I've been thinking about telling you something lately, but I never got the chance to! Actually-" A voice perks up from the other side of the phone and you put your index finger in front of Gregory to shush him, making the boy pause. He tries to speak up to continue what he was saying, but you walk away, talking to the person behind the phone. Gregory frowns, crossing his arms with a pout.

"You never find the time to hang out with me anymore.." the boy mumbles to himself, scrunching a small sticky note in his hand. Tears form in the corners of his eyes as he runs off, slamming the back door behind him.

You look at the door with a guilty expression, not noticing the scrunched piece of muddy paper glued to the floor that he had dropped.

'He's just a kid. He'll get over these trivial tantrums when he gets older.'

"Ah, yes. I'm still here mr. Smith. Sorry, that was Gregory-.."

.

.

.

You sit down on Freddy's couch, letting out a long sigh. Come to think of it, you've been sighing a lot recently. Fred-bear notices this and looks at you.

"Ah, y/n. Is there something wrong? I have been sensing signs of distress regarding your recent behavior." The bear walks over and sits down beside you, tilting his head to the side a little to signify that he was listening.

"It's just.. haah, where do I start?" You sigh again, digging your head into your hands.

"Perhaps you could start from the beginning?"

"Hm, yeah.." You groan.

.

.

.

"What the fuck? Leah, are you serious!? You stand up against your family once, and they just.. what. Cut you off?" You growl, getting angrier the more you think about it.

"Y/n. There's nothing more we can do about it now. So how about you calm down first, yes?" She places her hand on your shoulder and gives you a soft smile. You take a deep breath, calming down.

"Alright. How about your brother, aunt? He's nice. Why can't you just go to him for help?" She shakes her head with a sad smile.

"That won't do. My family has never really respected me because of my upbringing. So I would rather not bring my brother, who has always supported me, into such a mess."

"Tch, alright. I'll look into this alone. It just.. it doesn't seem right to me." Something fishy was definitely going on with Leah's relatives, and you were going to find out.

"No, y/n. You really don't have to, I..- cough-" your aunt breaks into a coughing fit, making you snap out from your thoughts. You forget about everything and focus on tending to your aunt's health.

.

.

.

"That was just the beginning of it all. A few weeks later, I found out that a huge amount of money was taken out of aunty's bank. I looked into it some more since it was odd. And I later found out that a lot of it was being cashed out of her bank for more than two years. Two. Years! I know it has something to do with that corrupted family of hers, but I just don't have any evidence yet.." You angrily clench at the fabric of your shirt, your fists turning white. Freddy catches onto how angry you were getting and carefully puts his arm over your shoulder, pulling you into a hug. It surprised you, but the gesture was effective and calmed you down by lot.

"Analysis shows that this action has greatly improved your mood. Are you alright, y/n?" You nod a little, wrapping your arms around him and nuzzling your head into his chest. You both stay like that for a while in comfortable silence.

"By the way, Freddy? How long has it been since I've started working here?"

"It has been approximately 4 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days since you have started working in this facility. Statistics show that you are a respected employee by the customers and your co-workers. A promotion is expected sometime next month." You nod, and Freddy lets go of you.

"I only asked how long I've been working here," you chuckle. "Not for you to tell me all of that extra stuff. How can you say such textbook stuff so easily like that."

"It is simply a part of my program. Would you prefer if I spoke in a more simple style to better fit your understanding?"

"Wow! Are you calling me stupid?" When Freddy doesn't answer and goes silent, you gasp, dramatically holding your hand to your chest in offense. "Ya know what? I'm not talking to you. You're mean." You turn away from him and cross your arms, pouting. Freddy begins to feel guilty, trying to look at you by peeking over your shoulders. But you turn your head away from him each time to avoid his eyes.

"Y/n, I apologize if you feel offended and/or sad. Please, I only meant to make you laugh. You are a very smart and bright girl." You feel your heart flutter at his adorable innocence. Lord, have mercy.

"Pft, I was only kidding. I'm not actually offended, you dumb bear." You laugh, turning around to look at him. "But, I guess I would feel better if you simplified the things you said a little more. My brain can only handle so much."

"I will keep that in mind for future reference. Ah! Vanessa has sent a signal requesting your assistance in the 'Monty's Golf' attraction area."

"Alright. Tell her I'm on my way."

~~~
[ unedited ]