⤷ christmas special pt.1

a gift from me to you.
merry christmas<3

𝒶 𝓌𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓎

𝒶 𝓌𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓎

SNOW FELL THROUGH THE AIR, shimmers of glitter from winter's heaven-lit sky. The birds sang their happy songs, nestled together on bare branches for an ounce of warmth to comfort them as days passed and the chill of December settled in with needle-like pricks. Families, friends, couples and strangers strolled through the crowding streets, shops displaying their best products, hoping to lure people into their store and spend their well-earned money on futile gifts.

In a house most popularly known for its residents, tucked far away from the public eyes, joyful music echoed. Lyrics twirled through the air, the beat bounced from wall to wall, the melody echoed with such sweet harmony accompanying itabove all was the loud, booming voice of a certain owl-like male with freshly washed hair and glowing eyes.

At fourty three, Koutarou Bokuto never failed to retain his merry christmas cheer.

"DECK THE HALLS WITH BOUGHS OF HOLLY! FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!"

Kenma groaned under the covers, "Oh, kami-sama no." He rolled onto his side and tugged the blankets further up his body, praying to whatever divine being was listening to him that his rambunctious soulmate would shut up and leave him alone.

Mizuki laughed from beside him. She sat against the backboard of their bed, a book in her hands and a pair of reading glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose. Akaashi was curled into her side, resting his head on her chest, the softness of it providing a sweet pillow. His eyes followed the printed black words on aged old paper, a comforting and serene ambience surrounding the two. Well, that was until Bokuto started blasting his music.

"Rise and shine, my lovely husbands and wife!" he bellowed, bursting into their bedroom with Megumi in tow, bright matching grins plastered onto their faces.

Bokuto, unsurprisingly, was just as ecstatic as their fourteen-year-old daughter.

Mizuki lowered her book, smiling softly. "Good morning, Koutarou, Megumi."

"Morning, mama!" Megumi bounded up to the throuple on the bed, jumping right into the middle and making herself comfortable. She had her back to her ever so Scrooge-like father, staring up at Mizuki and Akaashi with those fabulous lilac-coloured eyes ringed with gold. "Come on! Pops' in the kitchen making breakfast, and I'm so hungry I'll eat the cat!"

"We'll be right there, darling." Akaashi reached up and folded the corner of the page they were on, and Mizuki shut the adventure-themed book gently, stretching her hand to stroke Megumi's cheek delicately. "Instead, turn your famished attention to your father and wake him up." She motioned to the immobile lump beside them. "You know the little gremlin will only listen to you."