Second Year

There was an elf in his room. Normally he would maybe listen to the elf and discover why on earth it was in his room, but Uncle Vernon had guests and Harry had to stay quiet. It had magic so it would survive a fall right? Harry didn't have time to think about that as he threw the thing out of the window. It wasn't his problem.

The train journey was quiet and peaceful, and Harry was almost asleep by the time Draco and the others had found him. The blonde was complaining about an altercation with one of his house elves, but Harry ignored it. It wasn't his problem.

Snape had seemed to have warmed up to him now! By which he meant he wasn't insulting him every minute. In fact Potions was slowly becoming his favourite subject! That and quidditch, which he and Draco had bonded over. They were both on the Slytherin team now. He was pretty sure Draco had bought his way into the seeker position with those brooms, but didn't mind the chaser position. It wasn't his problem.

Things had gotten really bad. Lockhart was an imbecile but Draco had complained to his father about him harassing Harry and Lucius had put a stop to it. He suddenly seemed very keen that Harry and Draco be good friends. But some students had been petrified. It was all anyone was talking about, and Draco of course started a rumour that all mudbloods should worry. To be fair Draco had apologised once he'd remembered that Harry himself was a half blood. So it wasn't really Harry's problem.

A girl was dead. There was talk about the school shutting down, and Harry had been very worried until Draco had offered him a solution. Or rather Mr Malfoy had. From now on Harry would spend his holidays with the Malfoys, on the condition he allowed Mr Malfoy to teach him how to be a 'proper wizard' so he supposed it wasn't really his problem. Although most people certainly thought it was, since he was the saviour and all that. Some people even thought he was the heir of slytherin. It was lucky they didn't know he could actually talk to snakes.