Chapter 1: Serendipity

With the death of Chanyoung, the beasts soon began disappearing, the Orenda troops making their way through them

With the death of Chanyoung, the beasts soon began disappearing, the Orenda troops making their way through them. It was soon revealed who the traitors were, which was more than anyone had expected.

The next few weeks were spent restoring the realms. Those that weren't too badly injured were taking care of the remaining beasts while the others rested. Soon, Orenda was back to the way it was before, a peaceful land consisting of eight realms.

Although the weapon was powerful, it didn't feel right for Xun to keep it. That's why he decided to return it to Mark's cellar, locking it away.

"For future use." Xun had said as Jihyung and Jingsi pulled the eight keys out. "Which hopefully never happens."

The eight keys were returned to their own respective realms, the realm leaders hiding them once again. For objects of such great power, it was important that they were stowed away, so that the wrong hands can never find them.

While Xun was helping his father find a place for the key, he couldn't help but realize how weird it was for the two of them to be together. With his mother's betrayal, Rosa was locked away in the dungeons of the central castle, and Xun hadn't seen her since. Not that he wanted to anyways. He wouldn't know what to say.

Xun could tell his father was feeling the same way, as he looked over his shoulder at his son. "Should we head back?"

"You haven't hidden the key yet." Xun said, pointing to the key still sitting in Kun's hands. "That's why we came out here."

"I think I'll give it to Chaehee." Kun said, sliding the item back into his pocket. "This will be her realm now."

"Huh?" Xun had to run to catch up with Kun, the two making their way back to the castle from Ombra's forest. "What do you mean? Are you stepping down?"

Kun nodded his head. "What's a king without his queen?"

"Is mother not coming back?" Xun asked, stepping in front of Kun, stopping him. "Are we really going to leave her there in the dungeon?"

Kun's eyes were filled with sorrow, the male looking away before turning back to Xun. "The council will decide what will happen to those that betrayed us."

"You didn't answer my question."

"The answer is no." Kun said bluntly, finally losing his patience. "Rosalyn is not coming back. She will never come back."

Xun naturally opened his mouth to say something back but nothing came out. He was at a loss for words.

All Xun could do was hug his father, something he hadn't done since he was a young boy. After all these years, Xun had grown taller, taller than Kun. It felt weird and abnormal, his father being slightly smaller with him. They were both stiff, not expecting the sudden act of comfort.