Chapter 61

A/N: First of all you all are amazing. Thank you for reading and voting it makes me smile a lot ❤️ You all have a merry christmas 🎄

--

“Chevel?” I called out as I saw her silver locks flowing against her waist. She turned towards me as soon as she heard me call out her name and a wide smile immediately formed on her lips.

“Gyth!” She excitingly said as she pranced towards me.

The feeling of relief got the best of me as I leaned in for an embrace. It was brief since she shyly pulled away sooner but still it felt really good to see her.

“What are you doing here? Did Dante allowed you to go out?” I asked confused as to why she’d be waiting here all by herself.

Is this why Dante came to my room earlier? Is he really letting Chevel go?

“Dante has work to do outside so he said I could go out. He’ll be back before dusk so I need to come back before then.” She informed me.

Thoughts came rushing in my mind but there wasn’t a definitive answer. If this is Dante’s way of paying back to me then I guess I could accept his offer, just this time.

“That’s good to know.” I said with a bit of a doubt. Still, it’s strange for Dante to do something like this.

“Gyth, what happened here?” Chevel asked, pointing towards the ruined wall. I sighed remembering the events that happened earlier.

“Don’t worry about it. Let’s go in. It’s cold in the hallway.” I said, reaching for the door.

I twisted the knob and it suddenly got detached. I didn’t even turned it that hard. Today is an awfully unfortunate one for me.

“Drat, it’s busted. Chevel go in first, I’ll call someone to fix it.” I said turning away when she unexpectedly grabbed me by the arm.

“It’s fine Gyth. You can do that later. I won’t be here for long anyway.” Chevel said with a forced smile that obviously showed the sadness behind her eyes.

“Alright.” I said, scratching my head.

Chevel stifled a laugh as she watched me grab the doorknob out the hole. Her smile just lights up the whole room.

I settled her on the couch as her eyes wandered around the room as if she’s never been here before.

“The cold wind will get in. Will you be alright?” I asked full of worry as I took off my robe and wrapped it around her. I can’t help but notice the tinge visible on her cheeks as I do so.

Lucifer’s castle is terribly cold. It even seems like it's eerily colder inside than outside the castle sometimes.

“It’s fine, Gyth.” Chevel said with a smile on her face.

“I just.. I want to be able to spend more time with you.” She said shyly meeting with my eyes making me choke on my own saliva.

I was utterly frozen, unable to say a word. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I blinked constantly, trying to analyze the situation.

“O-oh. Is that so?” I stuttered, avoiding her eyes.

What in the hell is happening to me?

That Dante. What did he make Chevel drink to make her become like this?

“Gyth? What’s wrong?” Chevel asked, leaning closer.

I flinched as I turned to face her who’s looking at me intently with those silver eyes.

“N-nothing. Absolutely nothing.” I stuttered yet again. Drat.

I closed my eyes for a second as I breathed in deeply in order to calm myself. I’m always known for keeping my composure and I cannot let that be blown.

“Are you sick? Why are you so red?” Chevel suddenly asked, cutting the silence.

I opened my eyes only to find her an inch away from my face. I jumped away utterly shocked at how close she was.

I found myself on the floor as she looked at me with a confused expression. I sighed standing up in front of her.

“Chevel, did you drink something strange this morning? What did Dante made you eat?” I asked in a serious manner.

I observed her closely and noticed the way she looked away for a second.

“Chevel?” I called out making her flinch.

She slowly lifted her head up to meet my eyes and I flinched as soon as I saw the wary expression in them.

“I-I’m sorry..” She stuttered as she clasped her hands together.

“I was just.. too excited to see you. And I was- a bit anxious being away from you.” She mumbled under her breath, which I heard as clear as day.

My heart sunk upon hearing her words. Once again, I failed her. I made her feel scared when I already clarified to her that I wouldn’t ever be mad about the minor things.

“Chevel, my apologies. I wasn’t mad at all.”  I said, kneeling before her and engulfing her in my arms.

She felt so frail and cold. I felt so disappointed in myself as I held her tightly.

“I was just not used to you being like this.” I said in all honesty, pulling back and holding her by the arms as I locked my eyes to her silver ones.

I reached for her eyes and brushed off the tears that wanted to escape.

“What can I do to make it up to you?” I asked and a smile immediately formed on her lips.

“Gyth.. I was keeping it from you for a while but the truth is.. I’ve been having a hard time.” She said with pure sadness in her eyes.

I immediately stood up and sat beside her. I held her head softly and leaned it against my chest as I draped my arm around her.

“I’m sorry for not noticing, Chevel.” I said as I stroked her head gently.

“Gyth, can we just go home?” She suddenly asked, catching me off guard.

I stood up, gently letting her go.

“Alright. Let’s go home.” I said, walking towards the scarlet-colored curtains.