Year 5 Part 3 (chapter 25)

Word count: 1.6k
Warning: Mentions of death, poison and torture

A few days later, Severus strolls inside the Potions classroom, heading towards his desk. He however stops right in his tracks when he notices the presence of the toad.

"Professor Umbridge... I don't have time right now. As you can see, I have a class to teach" he states as he gestures to the fifth-year Slytherins and Gryffindors.

Umbridge gives her annoying little girl-like laugh. "Oh, don't worry, Professor Snape. I will let you teach your class. I am merely here to observe" she explains, wearing that stupid exaggerated smile on her face.

Severus frowns. He doesn't want to be observed, especially not by a pink-dressed toad like her.

"And why, may I ask, are you going to observe my class?" he questions, glaring at her. All the students seem to pay close attention to their conversation.

Umbridge laughs once again. "I am going to observe your ability to teach, of course. I have to report it to the Ministry" she tells him, conjuring a pink stool in the corner as she sits down on it.

Severus growls. How dare she? He is perfectly capable of teaching.

Ignoring the toad, he starts his lesson. "Today you will use your double lessons to brew Invigorating Draught. As it takes three hours to brew, I suggest you start right this instant. The instructions are on page two hundred and ninety-nine. Begin" he declares.

All the students hurry up to gather the ingredients. As they start brewing, the Potions Master ignores the toad while he inspects the students' potions.

He frowns when he looks inside Longbottom's cauldron. "It's not supposed to be green, Longbottom. Five points from Gryffindor" he states.

Ignoring the groans from the Gryffindors, he inspects Y/N's cauldron. Of course, it's perfect - as he expected.

"Very good, Ms. Y/L/N. Five points to Slytherin" he says, smirking. Y/N shyly smiles at him.

As the lesson almost comes to an end, the pink-dressed toad approaches him. "Well, Professor Snape, it seems as if you are capable of teaching Potions. Very good. Now, I have a few questions for you before I leave" she says.

Severus sighs in irritation. Was she this annoying when observing Minerva's class?

"Very well, ask" he says, looking impatient.

"You applied first for the Defence Against the Dark Arts post, is that correct?" she questions, looking at the information in her notebook.

"Yes" he merely says, waiting for her to continue.

"But you were unsuccessful?" she asks, making a stupid face like she's pouting. He had no idea the toad's face could look any more ridiculous.

"Obviously..." he says in his monotone voice, not showing any emotions.

He however thinks of ways to get rid of her for good. Perhaps the house elves of Hogwarts could pour some poison in her morning pumpkin juice... On accident, of course.

"That was all" she says, finally leaving.

Weasley suddenly laughs, most likely at Umbridge's comment about the Potions Master being unsuccessful at getting the Defence Against the Dark Arts post.

Without even looking at the boy, Severus smacks the back of his head with a book.

The boy immediately rubs the sore spot as Patil tries her best not to laugh, so does Y/N. She's hiding her face behind her book.