Move on

Harper

When I woke up, he wasn't next to me. I don't even think he was here at all.

That brought me to my next thought, had it all been a dream?

Sighing, I sat up and looked around, there was absolutely no trace of him; there was no evidence that he was here.

I frowned and touched the spot where I thought he had been.

It must've really been some dream.

That quickly went down the drain as I spotted a singular pink rose on my nightstand to which I absentmindedly smiled.

My smile faded and I screwed my eyes shut as I recalled the memories.

I hated thinking about it. It made me sad yet my brain wouldn't stop.

It's almost like I wanted to feel hurt.

Why do I this to myself?

I got out of bed and freshened up. I stared at myself in the body mirror and immediately took off his hoodie.

I decided I didn't want to give it back and placed it back in my closet.

I picked out a white laced corset top, light washed mom jeans and a black zip up sweater. I changed and paired my outfit with my vans.

I did my makeup and hair and put everything I needed to go on with the day in my bag.

Exiting the room, I headed downstairs to the kitchen.

I made myself a quick breakfast burrito but lost my appetite. I gave it to Elliot, who happily ate it.

Dad said he'd bring him to school so I waved them goodbye and was out the house.

I made my way to the bus station—earphones in, music blasting in my ears, I was in my own little world and didn't notice his car pulling up right next to me until he rolled down the windows.

I rolled my eyes and carried on with my life, ignoring him.

He didn't stop. "Get in, Santos."

Last name basis, wow.

I stared at him blankly, getting a good look at him. He looked tired yet so well put together.

He was so beautiful, it was hard to get my eyes away from him.

But I couldn't let him distract me. We're not together anymore. He ruined my life all those years ago.

"I'm fine, thank you."

"That you are." He said under his breath, I looked away, keeping him from seeing the blush on my face.

Even though he broke my heart, he still had that effect on me.

I hated him deeply for it.

I couldn't even bear to look at him, yet alone be close to him.

He repulsed me still I was drawn towards him.

It was strange, feeling this way towards him. What happened to us? I wondered, already knowing the answer.

I happened. Love happened.

Love brought people together and in our case, it could also separate and tear apart worlds.

If I hadn't fallen in love, none of this would've happened.

I keep blaming him but I'm the one at fault. That's just the way it is, we always need someone else to blame.

"I wasn't asking." His deep voice demanded, leaving no room for further discussion.