||29||

☆Buchi

"Come on Jordan. You have to go. It's a great opportunity to get to know more people. "

"Still not going. And I don't celebrate Halloween."

"Fine. Just visit me that day. Come with your girlfriend."

"Actually, she's my sister." I said. "Not girlfriend."

"Vivian?" I nodded.

"Visit you? You live off-campus?"

"Yeah. I don't stay in the dorms during weekends."

"Is that why didn't see you on Saturday?"

"Yes. I went to my apartment." Wow. How cool. "So about the ball?"

"No, Oscar. No."

"What if your sister get asked out and she comes." Gets asked out...

"We need partners?"

"Yup." He popped the p while smiling. His eyes were twinkling like he knew he had got me.

"Fine. You win."

"Yes. Thank you. " He looked so happy. I widened my eyes at his actions...

***

Hanging around that piece of shit again. Chioma with Felix wasn't a good thing. The guy was my best friend when he still lived in Nigeria.  And Fifi was a messed up pre-teen. His mind was fucking dirty. Very very dirty. He was a pervert. Once, when we were 11, I had searched his phone and nudes were the only things in his gallery. Nudes!

He even told me he had touched a girl. That was right after our primary school had given us "the talk". Then the perv told me he wanted to marry my sister. I wasn't the one who hit him...Ebenezer had taught him a lesson. But he never gave up. Around that time, he and Chioma had something going on between them. I mean, he'd come to visit but go to see her. Most times, I found them on her bed, snuggling and sharing stories.

Till the time I overheard them. He was begging Chioma to let him touch her. Pleading. He wanted to touch her private area. I was the one who dragged him out and hit him with a frying pan. The pervert didn't even show remorse and was like, "Sooner or later, Jody. Sooner or later I'll fuck my Vivianna. Her body is mine." Mentally deranged fool. He left after primary six as his family relocated to the States. And now...

"Jordan. Hey boo." I turned looked down at the hand that touched me then looked at the owner. She looked familiar, if not her overly made-up face, she would have been a beauty. "You don't recognize me?"

"I'm sorry, no."

"Jaelyn. I'm Jaelyn. Does my name ring a bell?"

"Jaelyn Adebowale?" I wanted to be sure. Only one person I knew had that name. Felix's sister.

"Sweet. You have not forgotten about me."

"Hey, chick." I ruffled her hair. She pouted.

"Stop it, Jay." A girl who could give better nicknames than her brother. Thunder fire him and Jody. "What brought you here."

"Dad decided that we'd change schools for the final year."

"Aww. Destiny brought us back together."

"No. No way, Jaelyn. Not now. Please." I put up my hands in surrender and moved away. Luckily for me, I heard the automatic bell ring. "I have dance class right now. So if you don't mind..."

I ran away after telling Chioma. Girls like Jaelyn were dangerous.  Very dangerous.

***

"I can't describe my feelings,  Angel. I can't. I just know I like you more than the normal. And I like you very much." I told her. "The feeling is overwhelming. It's worse now you aren't here."

"I miss you Jordan."

"It's worse for me. Torture." She giggled.

"I'm glad you still think of me."

"Who else would I think of? These oyibo girls? Tụfịa." I swore and snapped my fingers.

"So how is Vivian?"

"She's fine. Just doing somehow with this our old friend. Na wa for her. Is JSS3 hard?"

"Not really but... how did you survive?" She screamed. "All these loads of work they're piling on us. Plus the junior competitions. I'm tired already."

"The Lord is your strength."

"Thank you."

"And thanks for calling. I'll recharge your SIM. International calls are expensive. "

"Thank you. Thank you."

***

She had just been peeking at the Imperials' table. Her eyes were on someone. Her partner. "Vivianna you're distracted." Even Felix noticed.

"I'm sorry." She looked away from that table. "Who is he?" I followed her gaze. A student walked in. He looked...Asian. Not very tall. If not the scar that ran through his left eye he would have been what Chioma would describe as..."Drop-dead beautiful." My sister and handsome males.

"Oh shit! Him?" Felix cursed and so did the others at the table. The dining hall was rowdy and most people had worried or unhappy looks on their faces. Every single Imperial stood up with different expressions. Fear, worry, anger, hatred, surprise, and the guy with a blank face.  All six with six different expressions.

"Andrew?" Asked the guy with the surprised expression. Alec. We had dance class together but I had met him a few years ago at a dance camp I enrolled for. Then, I didn't know he was a celebrity. One of Chioma's idols going with the name Kalec. She told me of her encounter with him.

"Kalec knows him? Why is the air tense?" Chioma asked. So I wasn't the only one who felt something was wrong. I looked at Oscar's table and locked eyes with him. 'Later,' he mouthed.

"Hello, Alec. You look like you were expecting me." His eyes scanned the six Imperials. "It's good to be back, isn't it?" He smiled. "Friends sit sit. I don't deserve such respect and honour from you all. Sit. We have so much to talk about." I felt chills. A fox.

Happy Boxing Day! So, how was this Chapter? Did you enjoy it? Please Vote and Comment

Happy Boxing Day! So, how was this Chapter? Did you enjoy it? Please Vote and Comment. Please. Mere nụ m Ekeresimesi. (Literally: Do for me Christmas. My mother tongue.) Please oo.

For all those who have been voting, THANK YOU 😊.  Your votes mean so much.