『 Chapter ☆ 7: Temples And Toasts 』

Font Key:

Bold = (With brackets is a small AN), to put emphasis on words in thoughts, also emphasis for anything extremely important (doesn't include minor emphasis (see italics) which is still important but not quite as important).

Italic = Flashbacks, words characters say to themselves in their heads uses " ", used to put emphasis on words in normal font. Can also be someone telling a story in not in the present if accompanied by these: 『 』

Standard = Present time, first person thoughts/observations that are not words a character speaks to them self in their head, with " " are words spoken out loud , words characters say to themselves in their heads durring flashbacks uses " ".

—— ~ ~ —— = The symbol for letters sent from Liyue

~ ~ = Time skip (placed in the middle of the page)

~ ~ ~ = The break in the page to distinguish the difference between what is part of the story and what isn't.

** to find the music for the story swipe left on the picture at the top!**

~ ~ ~

(Y/n)'s POV

   The trip to the Temple of the Lion wasn't too bad. As much as I'd love to enjoy a beautiful afternoon traversing the region, seeing as it's already noon, it would be best to hurry things up.

   After making my way to the nearest teleporter, I touch my hand to its surface. Despite the pleasant warmth of the sun, it remains cool to the touch. Picturing in my mind's eye where I want to go, the blue gem within the monument releases a subtle glow as it draws on the energy within the leylines. In turn, this causes a soft blue light to encompass my figure. Teleportation is an interesting experience, something that most beings of Teyvat are unable to experience. You get a feeling of weightlessness for a moment as the scenery around you dissolves into black, before being replaced by the appearance of your destination. In this case, I'm moved to the entrance of Dadaupa Gorge before travelling north along the dirt path to the Temple of the Lion.

   My mind drifts to my blond companion who will unfortunately have to walk all the way there. While temples also function similarly to a teleporter, I'd rather compromise a bit to take in the beautiful scenery.

   Eventually the domain comes into view as the path splits into two different directions. Up ahead, the silhouette of a familiar librarian can be seen seated delicately on the stone stairs. Lisa seems to be fiddling with something between her gloved fingers as her green eyes notice my presence.
   "Why hello (Y/n)!" She says as the female adjusts her purple witches hat before patting the steps beside her. "Make yourself comfortable, I suspect it will be a while before Aether arrives." The female continues as she flashes me one of her enchanting smiles. Upon her request, I situate myself behind the brown haired woman as I wait for her to speak.

   "Kaeya tells me you've been looking after that companion of yours for a few months." She begins.
   "Ahh, so I was the topic of yesterday's conversation after we left." I reply as I try to guess where this conversation is going. In response, Lisa simply chuckles.
   "Don't worry cutie, I'm not going to question what made you take him under your wing. Actually, I've also taken on a student of my own within the past month." The librarian explains as the two of us bask in the midday sun.
   "Is that the case? May I ask who this person is?" I question her.
   "There's this young man in Wolvendom. A certain small knight of Favonius met him on her travels." The green eyed lady begins. "I don't think you've had the chance to meet Klee yet." The female comments off handedly before continuing with her story. "She told me that he called himself Razor and the reason for his poor language skills is evidently due to his family being a pack of wolves. Because of that, she asked me to help out her new friend by teaching him to speak our language. That way interactions between the two will be much easier. In return, she promised to not cause Jean any trouble for a week." Lisa recounts, a satisfied smile playing upon her delicate lips.
   "Living in the wilderness? I've been up there for commissions before but I must say, I've never met anyone while I was there save for the odd traveller." I muse. "How is he coming along?" I ask as the sounds of running footsteps get nearer causing the both of us to look up from our conversation.