Meeting moon

Y/n sits with Sun, until he stutters out, "oh no!! It's almost one! You need to go to sleep, right now! Come on, it's nap time!" He says, pulling out a blanket from under a mat.

"What? What're you talking about?" Y/n doesn't understand his sudden panic at it being one.

"You have to go to sleep or... He will be very angry! Now, come on, it's only for a few minutes!" He says, gesturing to the make-shift bed he'd created in a hurry.

"Why do I have to sleep? Who's going to be angry? You have to explain." She crosses her arms. He growls in frustration, when the lights suddenly flicker out.

"Oh no, it's too late. I'm sorry!" Sun shrieks. Y/n stands to her feet, readying herself for anything.

Sun falls back onto the ground, holding his faceplate, which spins and contorts, turning himself into a moon-faced bot, with a little sleep hat and navy pants.

"Bad girl... up so late... time for bed!" The creature, she's assuming named moon, jumps to his feet. The bright lights have been replaced with stars, giving very little light to the play place. His red eyes pierce through her, but somehow she finds herself able to run, and going into the nearest jungle gym.

She takes a moment to catch her breath, listening silently for the jingling of sun/moons animated walk. The silence is broken by Freddy's voice crackling through her watch, making her scramble to turn the volume down.

"Y/n, it seems you're spending extra time in the daycare. Which is fine, but I should have warned you before. Every hour the daycare attendant is free to roam the building, but will always find you. You need to turn on the generators, then the power will come back on. Or simply wait until they come back on. Either way, just be careful. Moon has a more... harsh way of teaching."

"Thanks Freddy. I'll keep that in mind." She whispers, before turning the watch back off. Y/n silently climbs up a slide and through a tube, leaving her in a sort of cross-roads of tubes. She decides she'd just wait until the lights came back on, but who knows when that may be.

She hears a chuckle from what appears to be inside the structure, making her blood run cold. She stains to listen, when she sees shuffling down below her, heading towards the entrance to the playground.

Just before he leaves her sight, the lights switch back on, making moon run into the ball pit, hissing from the harsh light.

Y/n watches from the safety of the structure, weighing out her options. Should she stay? She can't think of anywhere safer, but even this place has its drawbacks. She slips down the wall, wincing from the fall that was further than she thought.

She approaches the ball pit slowly, scanning over the top of it for the animatronic.

"Hey, Sun? Where'd you go?" She hears mechanical whirs from the slide she came in from, so she wades over to it. She looks up to see Sun sitting in the tube, his knees to his chest, and face in his hands.

"Hey, Sun, what's wrong?"

"No, no, stay back, don't come in here!! I don't want to hurt you!" He says, putting his hands out in front of himself. Y/n climbs slowly into the slide with the animatronic.

"So, that's why I needed to nap?" She says, referring to his counterpart.

"Yes... you see, if Moon sees any children up past their bed time, he gets a bit unhappy.  That's why you have to be asleep when he comes out." He explains.

"I see."

"I-I don't want to hurt you so please, just go. Leave the daycare, find Freddy, and come back in the morning! When it's bright and sunny and no reason for him to come out!" He says, grabbing her by her shoulders.