~ 21 ~

"Leah, Leah, Leah." Aurora poked the girl that just glared out the window, her nose turnt up and her eyes looking around in hopes of finding whatever she was smelling.

"Leah?" Aurora sat back, it was new year's day and Leah had spent the night over at the Swans residence. At first she was talking normally with Aurora and they were just enjoying each other's company but then she stopped interacting with her entirely just to look out the window with so much disgust it kinda unnerved Aurora, she didn't know why she was suddenly acting this way and if it was because of her.

"Leah, are you okay?" She was hesitant to touch her but in the end she finally gave her shoulder a little shake snapping Leah from whatever held her attention.

"Sorry, sorry." She gave a final glance to the window, "something strange was outside the window." She wouldn't tell Aurora what she really saw, she had a mind to go out there and rip the girl apart, but she didn't feel like leaving Aurora alone for even a second, almost like something was just preventing her from doing so.

"Outside? Should I tell Papa?" She was nervous, what was out there that held Leah's attention for so long, "should we go check it out ourselves?" She was scared, but she was also excited, she never explored around the house before and would happily take the opportunity to do so.

"No, there's no need to tell Charlie." This wouldn't be something he'll be able to handle, but she would need to tell her father what was going on, she smelt a vampire close by and she didn't think the vampire had good intentions. They haven't made any move to do anything but watch but she only assumed it was because she was there, "absolutely not, it's dark and dangerous." She wouldn't dream of putting Aurora in this situation, but she had to text someone to hopefully find out who was watching the house.

"Okay?" Aurora shrugged, she was sure Leah would tell her what was wrong when she was ready but for now she wanted to continue painting each other's nails though, "pink or red?" She was sure Leah was more of a red type of girl, pink being a little too bright for her.

"Red, please." She gently placed her feet in Aurora's lap, typing away on her phone to Jacob, she had a new number and refused to give it to either Emily or Sam, she wanted nothing to do with them and already was forced to somewhat talk to them because of the pack bond, she didn't want to talk to them outside that.

"I knew you'd pick red." Aurora giggled, "the color suits you.'' She began painting, glad that she was gifted so many things, she doesn't think she'll ever wear any of the other colors but hopefully she'll get some friends she could use it on.

"Yeah, that's my favorite color." She smiled, though it was a little strained reading the texts between her and Jacob.

"Looks good on you." She yawned, after finishing up Leah's toes she would need to sleep, it was getting too late for the girl to continue on and she was beginning to doze off a little.

"Thank you." Happily watching the girl carefully paint her toes even though she was sleepy was cute to her, and a little relieving because she could run outside and chase away the vampire while she could.

"We'll have to finish up in the morning, it's getting late." Leah just wanted an excuse, it was only ten and she would usually sleep around eleven but Aurora seemed like the type to sleep earlier than the average teen.

"Yeah, it's past my bedtime." Leah chuckled, a teen that still has a bedtime was kinda funny to her but Aurora wasn't a normal teen so it was pretty endearing, though no matter how cute it was, it was a little unsettling to find out how exactly Aurora was treated before Charlie got her.

She was too quiet, sweet, careful, and a very big people pleaser and that unsettled everyone that cared about her. All those things could put her in a bad situation and they didn't know how to tell her this without scaring her.

"Goodnight." it doesn't take long for Aurora to fall asleep, the girl only having to roll up in her bedsheets and falling asleep.

"Jacob was right, she really does fall asleep fast." Leah signed, though now she had to somehow crawl over her without waking her, she was sure it wouldn't be that hard, but then again, Aurora tended to surprise the people around them.

"I hope Jacob and Seth are already here." Leah huffed, she was tired also, but for once she would willingly do the dirty work to protect her new friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

❤️Hey everyone I hope your enjoying Christmas! sorry for the slow updates, but I've been working on two other stories, Twilight wise anyways

Hey everyone I hope your enjoying Christmas! sorry for the slow updates, but I've been working on two other stories, Twilight wise anyways. Don't worry I'm still going to complete this series (I've already started working on the second book.)

❤️I want to work on a second book, or try to at least, but at the end of this book I'll lay down two options that I've been working on to see what everyone would read most, my other series, I've found that I don't really like and might either rewrite as a whole or abandon, one I might delete because I felt it was too fast paced and needed a better back story which I'm trying to do with this book.

❤️Have a happy holiday though!