christmas day

──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ────

──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ────

"We need to push your shoulder back into it's socket."

My eyes widen and Yelena says "I'll do it."

"No way!"

She smiles and says "I'm so good at it."

She walks towards me and says "I'm going to enjoy this. Maybe you'll learn from your mistakes and will listen to me from here on out."

I grit my teeth and the doctors say "Oh we have this handled, m-"

Yelena swiftly pushes my shoulder back into it's socket and I scream in pain as my eyes widen "You fucking bitch!"

She chuckles and the doctor sighs "It's back into it's socket but her arm is shattered in multiple places. She needs to be casted in the very least, maybe a few screws or a metal bar put in. We need to check for internal bleeding and professionally close up these wounds."

Yelena says "Okay."

The doctor says "Should we call her parents?"

I shake my head and say "No. Don't. I don't want them here."

Yelena says "Mackenzie."

"I don't want them here! I'm fine. Put me in a fucking cast or perform surgery on my arm. Do not call my parents! I am 22 years old. I don't need them here! I'm a full grown adult. You legally can't call anyone!"

"Okay.. we won't call. We need to take you up to get scans. Do you have insurance?" The doctors question

Yelena unleashes on them and says "Aren't you supposed to help the patient first??"

"I Uh- ma'am.."

Yelena and I gasp. I nearly shout "Did you just call her ma'am?! She's like 40 years younger than you dick head!"

His eyes widen and Yelena says "I am not a ma'am!"

He nods quickly and they quickly roll me out. I smile to Yelena as I'm wheeled away and she smiles slightly, trying to reassure me as I leave quickly for scans and the operating room.

Yelena sits for hours waiting on an update.

Her knees bounce as she anxiously waits alone. She stole some clothes from the staff lockerrooms and is now more comfortably staying in the waiting room.

"Miss, I have news on your friend."