Temptations of Murder

"Lady Novea...? Who is she?" The pink fluff ball- I mean, Aveline, asked dumbly. Or innocently? I couldn't tell. She was still leaning on my chest stupidly as she asked this question to the professor.

The students around me gasped in indignation. I just smiled and pulled Pink Fluff Ball up before stepping back. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Aveline. I am Alice Novea, heir of the Novea House." And I am also the girl who cleaned after your little dragon mess that you left behind in the empire.

Aveline grasped my hand and clutched it tightly, her long nails burrowing into my skin. Dude! Come on! "I'm Aveline! It's nice to meet you too, Alice!" She chirped like a bird. The other students gasped once again. She called me by my name? Quite insolent.

I laughed lightly before taking my hand back forcefully. She immediately became tearful and started crying crocodile tears. I was taken aback by her change in behaviour. Goodness gracious, she truly is a birdbrain heroine. "D-do you not like me? I-is that why you took your hand back?" She inquired shakily. Dude.

I was on the verge of killing this stupid woman once again. "Haha, not at all, Miss. However, it is quite rude to take a lady's hand or call me by my first name without permission. I hope you correct your mistakes in the future." I warned her while smiling expressionlessly.

She broke into tears once again. Uhhh, this is so annoying... maybe I should just kill her... no, I can't. Not in front of others. If I want to kill her, I have to do it alone, in a dark, enclosed space, preferably without any witnesses. I have to conceal my face and identity, in case others see me, and... I unintentionally started plotting a murder while she was (still) crying her annoying crocodile tears. "Sorry... hiik... I didn't mean to... I- I just..."

People were walking by and watching the spectacle with curious eyes. If she keeps crying like this, it's going to make me look like a bully. My social image is solid and positive, so most people wouldn't believe I'm bullying her, but... "Don't cry. It is quite unbefitting to cry in public like this. Please, use this to wipe your tears." I handed her a personally embroidered handkerchief, but she threw it onto the dirt floor.

"I- I'm not- it's not unbefitting, I'm expressing myself! I j-just... Why are you saying this to me...!" She wailed, and I was seriously contemplating murder now. Let me kill her... let me kill her... let me... ahhh! I looked at the other students for help but I saw them glaring at her too. Oh, it seems I'm not the only one who wants to murder Pink Fluff Ball...

I stepped back and started to get more unrestrained. "Please, mind your manners, Miss. I gave you a handkerchief I embroidered by hand, and you so rudely threw my goodwill onto the floor like this." I used gravity magic to pick my towel up from the floor and moved it back onto my hand before dusting it off elegantly.

"Please excuse my manners, professor, I shall retire for the evening. I hope you have a pleasant sleep." I turned around and started walking to my dorm. A crowd of students started following me shortly after.

"Lady Novea, please, I hope you are alright. That impertinent baron's daughter-" A boy started.

"There is no need to be so worried for me, Lord Oqun. I am quite all right, but I wonder if Miss Aveline is... she seemed to be very distressed... I wonder if it was because of my lack of manners..." I said. I am not going to let myself be turned into a villainess. It will only make campus life harder. If Pink Fluff Ball is going to push the blame on me, I'll push it back onto her.

"Lady Novea! No, you were very courteous and treated her with much respect. It's just that Miss Aveline..." Another girl started, walking a step behind me.

"She thinks that she is able to speak in such a way just because she is a rare attribute holder...!" Another student said.

"I am thankful and deeply relieved that you all do not believe that I was rude towards Miss Aveline." I turned around and smiled lithely. They all blushed. "Please, you all should go to your rooms to rest. I suspect that tomorrow is going to be very difficult for us all. I implore you to sleep early."

"Lady Novea...!"

Seriously, let me out of this hellhole and just leave me alooone... I complained.

----

"Ahhh, that was nice." I wrapped myself in a towel and flopped onto bed. I took out my phone and AirPods and started listening to music, completely forgetting that I was still practically buck naked for about two hours, and completely preoccupied with my music.

I was humming to my favorite song when the window opened and a figure jumped in soundlessly.

"Young Lady. Young Lady, are you awake?" A hoarse voice asked as they crept around my room, looking for me. "Young Lady?" He made his way to the bed and found me, humming a song, lying down with my towel next to me and buck naked.

I took off my AirPods when I heard the familiar voice of Ciar in my room. "Yo, Ciar! How'd ya get here?" I asked. Ciaran didn't answer, unlike his usual self, and instead just looked down with his ears red. I looked down and saw that the towel wasn't covering me anymore. "Oops. My bad." I said casually before taking the towel beside me and half-hazardly covering myself again.

"So, Ciaran? Why are you here?" I asked again without a trace of embarrassment on my face.

He still didn't answer. He was still looking down, without a sound, so I looked down too. There was a bump on his pants where his things were. Huh? What's that? I wondered.

"Ciar-" Before I could continue, Ciaran sped out the window with his tail between his legs.

I was left behind in the dorm room, clueless and confused. "What? What's going on?"

(Author's Note: Hi! I'd like to say thank you to @Duckfero for supporting me. I appreciate your comments and words of encouragement! Thanks again!)