Chapter 63: Kinda Sus (1)

"Neji!"

Momo threw her nose in the air, pouting a little. 

"I asked you to give me a chance! Now it'd seem like I am sucking off you!!"

I wanted to say you really were sucking off me not that long ago, but I stopped myself. Why are girls like this? Haiyaah.

"Though..." she faced me with an embarrassing blush. "I guess without you intervening we would have lost..."

She sighed softly, looking a bit lost.

"... I am sorry"

I raised my hand and patted her head softly, ruffling her silky black hair, saying,

"Don't be. Whenever you feel bad, just remember you can make a TNT right here and blow the whole place up."

She brightened up at my words, though barely. 

["Sorry to interrupt, but young Neji and young Momo, please return here."]

All Might announced from the speakers. I remembered that he could indeed hear us speaking through our earpieces even if the other students could not.

Eh, such a bother. I held back from talking about something 'important' because of that.

—★—

"That was a magnificent show of power, I must say. Especially young Momo, you played smart and calculated."

All Might announced with his hands on his waist. 

"But to the others…"

He turned to Bakugo. 

"Doing that much collateral damage inside an enclosed place, especially one where a bomb is residing, would cause the bomb to explode and harm every civilian in range. As a Hero, you mustn't do that!"

Bakugo's expression was grim. This almost reminded him of that day when All Might scolded Midoriya, the day where this man lost half the respect Bakugo had for him.

"What about-"

Bakugo started, but he shut his mouth midway. He wanted to ask, "What about that kid? He also made a hole in the floor." before he realised it was completely in character for Neji since he was playing the villain. 

"Hm?"

All Might tilted his head as Bakugo groaned and shook his head.

"It's nothing."

"Ah, okay. On the other hand, we have young Midoriya." All Might moved forward. "Your versatile way to use your quirk was really impressive, I never thought something like that would be possible truthfully, but here we are. In a real-life situation, that ability would help a lot, you did well."

He then moved on to Neji. "How can we forget the MVP? That was simply outstanding, young man. The way you moved immediately with your teammate and the bomb the moment you heard the shaking floor, it was very quick-witted.  Let's not forget your fight with young Bakugo, that martial art you showed, truly impressive, you don't normally see people with strong quirks like yours focusing on martial arts, but here we are, haha!"

As All Might kept talking, Bakugo glared at Neji. That bastard… he was indeed good at martial arts. Bakugo isn't a pathetic loser, so he accepted his loss unconditionally. He wasn't caught off guard, nor was he tricked. It was a fair fight and he lost. Maybe his canon self would have been a cry baby? But not the current him.