051

True to her words, you and Senju went to shop the next day. During the entire time, you kept thinking about the fight between Ken and Manjirō that you had absolutely no idea of. And the fact that none of your friends bothered talking to you, really set you off the edge.

Was this the end of your friendship with them?! Is this what led you to be such a heartless person in the future?!

Honestly, you were too scared to find out. And so, you kept on half-heartedly agreeing with whatever Senju showed you. She was quick to notice your distracted behaviour and spoke up, "Let's get something to eat first, yeah?"

You only wordlessly nodded as she tugged on your free arm as your other arm was carrying all her bags. You both walked to the food court and got yourselves some [Favourite Fast Food] as you sat down at a table.

"You don't look well, [Male Name]." Senju was blunt with her words, not noticing the need for sugarcoating anything.

"I'm fine, Senju-san..." You affirmed but she shook her head and pouted, "Don't lie to me!! I know you have something on your mind that's been bugging you!!"

You sighed as you contemplated telling her anything. Whenever you needed any advice, you would always go to Shinichirō or any of his friends. But this time, you knew that you had to do this yourself, because adults could never understand the feeling of children.

"I... don't know what to say..." You started and raised your head to see her staring at you, "Why don't you start with what's the problem?"

You heaved a sigh before nodding and beginning, "I had a fight with my friend... that day when I came to your house..." She nodded, letting you know that she was listening as you continued, "And I just... Yesterday, Emma told me that another one of my other friends fought with him and..."

You stopped and let out another sigh, "I don't want... my friends to fight... not because of me, but I don't know what to do... If only I hadn't lied to them..." You confessed as she stared at you for a good minute, "You have a habit of taking the blame all for yourself, don't you?"

Her question made your eyes widen as you turned your head to look at her, "Your friends fought because they had contrasting ideals and beliefs about what you might have said, it's just convenient that the topic they're fighting over seems to involve you..."

"You can't make everyone happy, [Male Name]... at some point, you will have to let go of one person for the other..." She explained as you thought about her words.

It was true that you couldn't always please your friends. But then again, all they ever asked of you was to trust them, and it wasn't like you didn't trust them. You just didn't trust your mother, she would do anything to keep the secret of you being a girl, on the low even if it meant killing people.

Well, at least you know that until August 18th, your main focus should be Shinichirō, and when he's safe you can apologise to Manjirō and the others immediately!!

You smiled softly as you formulated a perfect plan in your head. The smile caught Senju off guard as she looked at you in surprise, "Huh? You seem happier!!" She called out making you look up and smile at her, "Yeah, I'm glad I talked to you about it, Senju-chan!! It feels a lot better to get things off of my chest!!"

'H-He called me Senju-chan!! Holy shit-that's some progress!!' The albino gushed in her head as you took a sip out of your [Favourite Drink], "Thank you for listening and helping me..."

She shook her head with a small blush adorning her cheeks, "No!! I'm glad I could help, after all... I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't!!" The shine in her eyes made you wonder if you thanking her really made her this happy.