052

"You did what?!"

A loud yell echoed throughout the halls of the Sano residence as Manjirō turned his head away in annoyance, "Stop yelling at me, she's the one who fucking lied to us!!" The short boy yelled back to his tattooed friend who was staring at him with rage, "I can't believe you've fucking done this, jackass!!"

"[Male Name] has always been there for us, no matter what!! And just when you find out that he's going through some fucked up shit, you end up cutting your ties with him?!" Ken grabbed the bleached blonde boy by his shoulders and shook him violently, making the latter push his hands off.

"She fucking lied to me!! [Male Name] doesn't even exist!! It's just a fake person she's made up!!" Manjirō growled and turned to his taller friend, "I trusted her more than anyone!! And then I find out that she's a fucking liar, who trusts my brother and his goddamn friends more than she trusts us, how the fuck do you expect me to react?!"

Ken shook his head in disappointment, "Girl or boy, why does it matter?! She's our friend, we can't leave her alone with that abusive monster!!"

"How can you be so sure she isn't lying again?!" Manjirō sneered which made his friend growl in annoyance, "Because Mitsuya and Baji were the ones who fucking saw that shit, dumbass!! We have to help her!!" Even then, Manjirō didn't bother listening and just walked up to his room, "Go fucking save that liar then, but don't expect me to help her..."

The tall boy let out a yell of frustration, not knowing what to do anymore. Emma who could hear their muffled screaming from her room, walked down to Ken and passed him a glass of water, "Did you guys fight over [Male Name]-kun?"

The last thing she wanted was for Manjirō to be angry at you, "[Male Name]-kun has always protected us... please don't do anything that might hurt him in any way..." Ken had no other choice but to nod at the younger girl. His actions made her smile softly as she bowed and left, knowing that he needed time to himself.

The next day when Emma brought over her friend, Yuki, the albino immediately grabbed onto Manjirō's collar and growled at him, "You've got some nerve making [Male Name] cry!!"

He was shocked...

Did you cry because of him? He wanted to believe that he truly hated you for lying, but he felt a pang in his chest as he imagined you feeling hurt because of him, "Hah? That crybaby rushed to you when she couldn't face me for all the lies she spat?!"

He tried play it cool, he really did...

But after his argument with Yuki, he slumped down the cold walls with his head in his hands, "Mikey?" Emma called out in worry.

"I'm fine!!"

The moment those words left his lips, he froze. He could feel his breathing hitch as he stared at Emma with wide eyes.

'You know what I hate the most; liars...' His own words echoed through his brain. A giggle left his lips, followed by a full blown laughter. He didn't want to accept this...

"I'm such a fucking hypocrite..."

An entire month had passed and Manjirō couldn't bear to even face you, let alone apologise to you. He was ashamed and angry, not just at himself but also your mother.

Manjirō sat in his room, knees pulled closer to his chest as he stared at the commemorative picture of the formation of Toman. You looked so happy back then, as if you were on cloud nine.

Did spending time with them always bring you such happiness?

He could vividly remember when you would just sit and watch him and Baji goof around in the dojo, always wearing that soft, gentle smile that made you look like you were so happy.