064

"Sorry, did I make you wait too long?"

The comforting voice of Sora rang in your ears as you turned to face her. You smiled softly and shook your head, "Not at all!!" She smiled at your response, letting out a small sigh of relief, "How've you been?" You questioned, glancing at your wrist watch to check if you could still make it for your meeting.

Too late... guess you probably won't even get to hear the last of it...

"I've been doing good!! What about you, [Male Name]-kun?" A smile made way to her lips as she turned to you, "I've been well... just needed to ask you a favour..." She nodded at you to continue as you smiled awkwardly.

"I, uh... I actually heard you're good with computers and stuff..." You bashfully admitted as Sora confirmed this with a nod of her head, "Yes... is everything alright?" You tried to smile, but it only resulted in a grimace, "I need you to... get me access to someone's phone..." She was shocked at your words, especially since you weren't one to butt in someone's business.

You lowered your head after your confession as your friend furrowed her eyebrows, "I don't... get it...." She whispered as you let out a sigh.

"My mother... I need you to get me access to my mother's phone..." Her face just turned even more confused as she walked closer and placed a hand on your shoulder, "[Male Name]-kun... she's your mother, maybe if there's a problem... you could talk-" You cut her off with an uncharacteristic glare.

"Sora... my mother is not what you think of her... I'm not doing this out of spite, I'm doing this because I'm left with no other choice!!" You growled, surprising your friend.

Honestly, you didn't like talking to anyone in that tone, especially not your friends. But when someone tried to talk to you as if you were being dramatic about hating your mother, you felt triggered after all you had to go through. But you knew it wasn't anybody's fault since they didn't know either.

She let out a sigh before running her fingers through her hair, tilting her head back, "Ugh, fine!! I'll do it!!" She affirmed as your face contoured into one of sheer happiness, "Really? Oh God, thank you, thank you, thank you!!" You pulled her into a tight hug that she gratefully returned, only for you to pull away in embarrassment a few minutes later.

"I'm so sorry!!" You yelled and quickly bowed, with Sora fervently shaking her hands to stop you from bowing, "It's fine!! It's really fine!!" She assured and you calmed down slightly.

"I'm really sorry... but, I'm extremely grateful!!" She smiled at you before her face turned serious once again, "What part of her phone do you want me to hack, anyways?"

"I need access to her messages... every single one of them, especially with a contact called Kawasaki Satoru and Fujimura Takasugi." You confirmed as she nodded, just as you guys were about to continue with your conversation, your phone started ringing.

Thinking it was just Manjirō wanting to whine at how you missed the meeting, you muted the call and turned to Sora, "Do you have any idea how long it will take to... you know, hack into her phone?" Her lips pulled into a frown at your question, "I'm afraid with the upcoming mid-terms and all those Student Council activities, it'll take a few months..." She admitted bashfully, not wanting to actually drag it this far.

She wasn't the best with computers, but still the best technological person that you knew. And she also, was busy. It was obvious that this was the quickest option you had so you nodded thankfully.

Besides, you still needed to contact other people for the entire ordeal of getting the recordings that Uncle Osamu turned over as evidence.

You smiled at her once again, but your phone kept on ringing, making you curse at how persistent Manjirō was being. You took out your phone and your breathing hitched when you saw the name of the person who had been continuously ringing you up.