Chapter Nineteen

Jake was due home soon so I was doing a quick clean of the place. It wasn't that we were pigs and the place was horrific, I just felt that it could be cleaner. No harm it making it spotless! Plus, I'm Jake will appreciate the effort since Samantha might also be coming over.

I was looking in one cupboard that I'd never been in before and I found the worst possible thing ever. I made those gagging sounds because it made me feel so sick. There was so many empty takeout boxes! It must've been all before I moved in because since I moved in, I've made sure they go into the bin.

"Damian!" I called, stepping away from that gross cupboard. How can they live like this? He came strolling in and looked at me weirdly when I was still gagging. "You guys live like pigs!" I exclaim, throwing my arms in the air. He looked confused, very confused. At that moment, I really could have ripped by hair out. With my arms, I pointed to the cupboard. He walked over and had a peep in it.

"Huh, I forgot about that! Good job, Kylie," he says, patting my head. What am I? A dog?

"Good job? Firstly, I'm not a dog! Secondly, you're proud to have that disgusting pile up?" The thing is, you could smell the food. It was a disgusting smell because it was all the food smells mixed together as well as it being moulding. Was there some food left over in the boxes? Oh, gosh.

"Well, you freaking out kind of makes me want to say that I'm not proud of it. So, no?" I let out a frustrated scream and told him to clear it out. He protested claiming it wasn't just him and it was also Jake, but then I replied back with the fact Jake was not here right now. He let out an exaggerated whine before grabbing a black garbage bag and stuffing the empty boxes in the bag. I knew I was probably going to be very sick and vomit, so I went and started cleaning the bathroom. About five minutes later, he came into the bathroom with the black bag. "What do I do now?" I was about to slap my forehead but I realised I had rubber gloves on and I would probably get dirty soapy water all over me.

"Take it out, Damian." My voice was strained and I was frustrated.

"Right, I got this." He then walked out and I was sure he went to take it out. I stood up and walked to the kitchen, and yes it was in the kitchen, to have a look at the cupboard. Let's just say it smelt absolutely awful. I spray it with some detergent, which smelt so much of oranges, and let it soak there for a bit. After a few minutes, I start cleaning the cupboard until I hear Damian telling me that he will do it. "Seriously, it was my mess so let me do it." Hm, I guess it couldn't hurt to let him do it. The smells were making me feel sick still.

It took us a few hours to finish cleaning the place. It was pretty clean and very spacious. We had got rid of pointless things which were usually empty boxes and bottles lying around the place. It's amazing what you can find when you move the couch! Well, Damian moved it while I just watched him. Okay, to be fair I actually sat on the couch whilst he moved it. It was like a ride and it was, oddly enough, quite fun.

"I think we deserve to have a reward after this," he says to me as we were sitting on the couch.

"A reward? What do you have in mind?"

"I know this great place that does great milkshakes, I think you'll love it," he cheerily said. I could tell he likes milkshakes from the happy look in his eyes. "My mum always brought me there after they adopted me. It was sort of something that we did as a mother and son."

"Aw, that's so cute!"

"Shut up, babe," he jokingly said. "Alright, let's get going." We jump up from the couch and head out. The drive was at least an hour or so but it was a nice and relaxing drive. Damian and I spoke a lot about the whole Jake situation. It was mainly because Jake was coming back soon and we didn't know what to do. All we knew was that we would have to keep everything a secret until we decided when to tell Jake. I was worried because I wanted to have an open relationship where everyone knew and that I was happy. How could I possibly do that if Jake is never happy whenever I spoke to a guy? I can't imagine what would happen if I were to get married. Well, how would I actually get to that point if he didn't accept any boyfriend I had?