34| Changed

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Changed

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 34: Changed (Aaron's POV)

"Do you know what tomorrow's plans are?" she asked, blinking at me. She had the covers pulled up to right under her nose, her eyes were drooping shut from how sleepy she was, and she was still trying to stay awake with me. 

"Mm-hmm," I nodded. 

She stared at me for a minute before scooting closer. "Pillow your arm for me," she mumbled, throwing one leg over mine. 

I straightened out one arm and she placed her head on it, sliding an arm over my torso under the covers. "We're going to the beach tomorrow during the day and for dinner, we're eating out at a local restaurant," I explained, lifting up the arm that was under her head and bringing my hand to her hair, running my fingers through it. 

She hummed in acknowledgment. 

Earlier, after we both got the words and the kiss we were suppressing out of our system, we sat on the bed and talked a bit. Just about how long we'd been feeling this way, she asked me a few things about college secrets. 

Now, she's asking me about that one night. "Were you actually drunk that night?" 

"Do you want the truth?" 

She nodded. 

"I was fairly tipsy at the beginning. More than halfway through, I had more or less sobered up." 

"What if I asked you to keep going that night? Would you have just gone all the way with me?" 

My brows furrowed as I turned to look at her. "Vanessa, of course not. You were drunk, even if you said yes, you weren't in any state to give consent. I would have stopped you. But I think it's a good thing we stopped on our own." 

"Yeah, me too," she replied. I stared at her a bit longer, a smile tugging at my lips. "What?" she laughed sleepily. 

"Nothing, you look cute." 

"You mean my eyes and forehead look cute? Since that's all you can see?" 

"Yes, I mean your eyes and forehead look cute." 

Her eyes got a bit smaller, her cheeks rising as she smiled, only making me grin wider. 

I rolled onto my side so I faced her and I pulled the covers down to her chin and tucked away a strand of hair that fell into her eyes. 

"You know what? I..." she paused and then slowly shook her head. "Never mind." 

"You can't do that. You have to tell me now." 

She took a breath. "Fine. But don't take this in the wrong way." I nodded reassuringly. "Did you think I'd end up with you, Sinclair?" 

I shook my head, "Never." It was the truth. Until this very moment on this very trip, I never thought otherwise, even if I wanted to. "You?"