part fifteen

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

all the good girls go to hell

Billie Ellish

It was exactly 7:00 pm on the clock that night. The Coleman family sat on their usual dinner table as fresh steak was placed in the middle.

Mr. Coleman sat at the head, he was a tall man with a prim proper figure. He wore a grey suit, clean and spotless. The suit was ironed well, most likely by one of the many servants that were appointed around the house.

To his right sat his wife. Mrs. Coleman.

She was a short, tiny lady with a stern, outlined face. She had short black hair that barely reached her shoulders, bringing out the string of white pearls placed perfectly around her neck.

Her glossy green dress was made of clean silk, not a single fold was seen in her clothes. She ticked her thin heels on the expensive wooden floor as she ate a plain salad.

In front of her, sat Sauce Coleman.

She had curly hair that reached a reasonable long length compared to her mother. She was wearing a blue shirt, black jeans and a black suit jacket for the formality her parents liked to maintain.

Her shirt was crumbly and looked as though it was frantically taken out of the cupboard, her jacket however was ironed and smoothly placed on her shoulders, considering it was the only thing not scattered around her room.

Sauce had a large piece of chicken leg on her plate that smoked as she cut into it, whilst the pieces of cooked broccoli and carrot rested untouched on the side of the plate.

The atmosphere that night was tense, more so then usual if that was possible.

Sauce was repeatedly glancing at her parents to find the right moment to finally come out to them.

Her hands shaked as she sloppily cut into her chicken, it was warm but hard, making it difficult for her to cut in.

Ever since she was a child she had been terrified to ask her parents even for a school pen, yet here she was telling them something they'd never respect.

She knew very well that her parents were homophobes. Her dad yelled at the television every time news about them showed up, while her mother has strictly banned any butler, maid, driver to have an 'abnormal sexuality.'

But what scared her the most was what they'd do with her. Her sister was kicked out, and left on the street only because she wanted to be something out of their criteria.

For Sauce's parents, the only exception was to be a Doctor, a lawyer or a business owner, otherwise you stayed at home.

Her sister wanted to be a designer, and just to follow her dreams she bore the burden of leaving home.

You'd ask, why was she telling them? She could just hide it?

But she couldn't.

She couldn't pretend to be something she wasn't.

She couldn't ignore this part of her, and she couldn't hide it.

If she did, she'd have to live her life the way they wanted. Not her.

She knew the consequences but there was a part of her that hoped they'd find it in their heart to keep her, since she was the only child left.

Sauce took a deep sigh, cleared her throat and spoke lightly in a low, shaky voice.