11

I woke up to the smell of fresh cinnamon buns and fresh coffee. I opened my eyes and Charlotte placed my tray of food on the bedside.

"Good morning Mrs Anders." I rubbed my eyes and sat on the bed.

"Good morning Charlotte. Am I late for work?" She let out a giggle.

"Well you're your own boss so technically no but yes it's almost 8am." I chuckled shaking my head.

"Where are my babies?" I asked.

"They are getting ready for their day with Mrs Karen." I sighed.

"Please get me my phone. Thank you for the breakfast." She took my phone and handed it to me.

"I'll get back to work then." I called Karen immediately.

"Karen." I started.

"Hailey, good morning dear. How are you today?" I took a sip of my coffee.

"I am very well Karen. How are you?" She sounded so energetic.

"I'm marvellous honey. Tony sends his greetings." I smiled.

"Please pass mine too. I promise to visit him soon." I heard a chuckle coming from the background. I was definitely on speaker.

"I can't wait to see you honey." My father in law said.

"Me too." I said. "Karen I wanted to tell you I'll be spending the day with the twins. They'll come another day." I said. It had been long since I spent quality time with my kids. I was always so busy.

"Actually I was about to call you about that. Their grandfather planned a trip to Maldives for us this weekend. We're leaving at noon." Romantic getaway.

"Oooohh that's lovely. Enjoy your trip." I said.

"Thank you honey. I'll talk to you soon."

"Bye." I hung up smiling.

...

"Grayson stop hitting your sister." I warned sternly.

"But mom she hid my toy." I sighed and stopped putting the dough in the cupcake pan.

"You ate my candy first!" Cammy shouted.

"Bring my toy back!" Gray shouted louder.

"Stop!! Mommy is trying to spend time with you two so instead of giving me a headache. How about you help me with baking?" They looked at me like I was crazy or something.

"Mom are you okay?" Gray asked.

"I think she lost her job." I frowned.

"What?" I took a deep breath. "I did not lose my job. No one can even fire me. I am the boss." They stared at me.

"Then why are you home?" A part of me hurt when Camilla asked that.

"Um.....I just wanted to spend more time with my babies." Charlotte walked in.

"Your assistant is here." My eyes widened.

"What?! Paige is here?" She nodded.

"Paige?!" Camilla squeled running to the living room.

"Camilla wait." Grayson ran after her.

"Oh God!" I sighed. "Please continue with the cupcakes."

"Yes ma'am." Charlotte said and I walked to the living room. I could hear Paige from a distant.

"I'm so happy to see you guys. I missed your cute faces." I giggled silently. How did they even know each other?

"What did you bring for us?" I walked into the living room and they both were seated on her laps. "Mom. Look Paige is here." Cammy jumped on top of Paige.

"Mrs Anders." She looked like she remembered something. "I'm sorry. Hailey." I chuckled.

"It's okay. I see you've met my two angels." She smiled and nodded.

"Actually I met them at the baby shower. They are really beautiful." I nodded and sat down.

"Thank you. I see you decided to surprise me." She laughed.

"You haven't been picking your phone that's why." I finally remembered.

"I must have left it in my room. Guys go and play in your rooms, mommy wants to talk to Paige."

"Okay." They both got down and ran upstairs.

"Is there something urgent I need to look into?" I asked.

"It's not urgent but I thought you should look into the proposal before I submit it." I gave her a skeptical look.

"What happened to emails?" I asked.

"If you haven't been taking your calls then I don't think you would have looked at your emails." I laughed and shrugged.

"You're right. Let's see." I took the envelope.

"I also wanted to check on you. You didn't say anything about not coming in today." She said.

"Last minute decision. I am taking the rest of the week off too." I said and she just nodded.

I needed to spend more time with my children. Having an assistant was making my job easier now. I wasn't worried about anything with Paige around now.

"Okay this looks good. Make sure Clark receives it before the end of today."

"Okay." I gave her the envelope again.

"Tomorrow since it's friday I want you to book a day with a villa in malibu. I'm taking the kids there."

"Will that be all?" She asked.

"Yeah just make sure one of the jets is ready by eight in the morning." I said. "Oh and while I'm gone. You'll have to handle calls and meetings." I added.

"Okay." She said. "I'll do just that."

"Thank you."

"I'll get back to the office then." She stood up.

"Okay."

________________________