Chapter Nine

Amara pov

Elaina? Oh shit, I hope it's not Marco's mother. Jeong looks at me like I've just grown two heads.

"Everything okay?" he asks.

"pffft, why wouldn't it be? " I say.

He stares at me for a while before shrugging his shoulders and getting up. I open Stefano's messages and smile immediately... he's trying.

Stef💙
Hey ummm, we reached home safely.

Stef 💙
Was that your brother?

Stef💙
Sorry, you don't have to tell me. Enjoy the rest of your day 😘

Me
It is my brother, what is Marco doing?

I put down my phone and it immediately dings. Woah, that was fast...

Stef💙
Oh ok, Marco's asleep right now.

Me
Ok. Enjoy the rest of your day Stefano 👍

Stef💙
I'll try to beautiful.

Try? Oh well.

_____________

One week later

Stefano pov

It's been a week since I've seen her beautiful face. I've been tempted to go to her bakery or house so many times but I know she said she needs space and that's exactly what I'll give her.

I need to see her though. It's driving me crazy. Marco has been going to her everyday and he doesn't hesitate to rub it in my face.

Aria suddenly walks in my office, without knocking because apparently Dante told her not to. Marco immediately wiggles in her arms and as soon as Aria sets him on the floor, he comes wabbling to me.

"Hey buddy" I say before lifting him up and placing him on my lap.

"Papà , I miss chu!" he says while giving me a tight hug.

"Papà missed you too buddy" I say kissing his cheek.

He giggles and takes my phone from the table. He hands it to me and I unlock it for him. He likes watching videos and playing games on it.

"Marco has to stay with you for the rest of the day. Dante is taking me away for the weekend and he just told me. You know, you really need to teach your best friend to tell people things before the time we have to leave" she says.

I frown at her.

"What about Leonardo?" I ask.

"Oh him, didn't he tell you? He flew to England for a meeting yesterday" she says nonchalantly.

"I didn't know. Okay at leats it's the weekend. I can take care of my son" I say.

She waves bye to Marco, who doesn't see, before leaving.