16 | teach me

AN:
Double updates for Chapter 15 and 16.

***

Aiden's phone buzzes, and judging from his serious expression, it's probably about work

Aiden's phone buzzes, and judging from his serious expression, it's probably about work. Maybe his employee has sent the report.

"I need to get back to work." Aiden stands up. "I'll be back once I'm done with it. Just let me know if you need any help, okay?"

I nod, watching as he walks back to his home office. A sigh escapes from my lips as my eyes return to the book.

I pick the notes he gave me and can't be more grateful for the points he jotted down.

Oh, God, why is he so kind? He's still helping me with this college stuff even though he's busy.

My heart squeals because there's a hope that I'll be able to get a good mark for my quiz. I can share what I learn with Ash and Maya too tomorrow.

I stare at the book and papers in front of me with a determined look.

Yes. I can do this.

I can't do this

I can't do this.

I lean back against the sofa leg with desperation. Why is this so difficult?

I was wrong. Aiden made it seem like these case studies were easy, when in fact, they're much more complicated.

Or maybe I'm just plain stupid.

I stare at the door to his office and bite my lower lip. 

"Just let me know if you need any help, okay?" his words ring again in my ears.

Should I just go there and ask for help?

My mind is debating, but I shoot to my feet anyway. I walk closer to the door, and luckily, it's slightly opened.

I peek into the room, and there, at his desk, Aiden is working on his laptop.

My heart sinks. I don't have the heart to disturb him. He might be dealing with something important, while my problem is just a quiz. I have to handle it myself.