31

Chapter 31 - Freedom

A smile bloomed on her face. The brothers were busy with their work, and she had her privacy.

Iris unlocked the phone and dialed her bestie's number.

They would finally talk after months. Happiness bloomed within her; Iris could finally hear from her friend. She had so much to talk about and so much apologizing to do her bestie.

She could not wait any longer.

"Hey, Rhea! I am Iris. I miss—," her best friend cut the call off.

It felt like someone yanked the rug off her feet.

Iris froze when she hung up the phone. Did her friend hate her so much Iris would lie it hurt like hell? She bit her lips; her heart clenched, she felt like crying. She must hate me. Her brother got hurt because of me.

Elias was right; your friends would leave you, no one would be there for you except them. You only have them, be with them, you will be happy. A small voice in her mind cooed.

She brushed off the thought. It was wrong.

It was all because the brother forced her.

She felt intense anger at the moment. They took her friends away from them. Her heart wailed as someone stabbed it. There was no red blood, but she bled with emotions.

She clutched her chest. All she felt was pain.

"Hey, baby girl," Jasper came hugging her from behind. "Don't touch me," she hissed, getting away from his touch. Her eyes were blurry from tears as her lower lip wobbled.

Jasper was about to scold her, but he saw her tears. Was she hurt? "What happened, sweetheart?" he coaxed, inching closer to her. "Don't come near me," she backed off, displeasure evident in her voice. Jasper scowled. His mood soured.

She felt disgusted by his touch.

They took everything away from her. Her heart clenched, it burned with anger and self-hate.

"What is going on?" Elias entered the room. His strides were powerful, and a nonchalant look on his face.

"Little wife is throwing a tantrum," Jasper mocked with displeasure, her actions angering him. Iris glared at him. "Do not give me that look," Jasper warned, his eyes narrowing in slits, his jaw clenched. Her glare intensified.

Elias scowled, looking at her bloodshot eyes. She was on the verge of her tears. Her knuckles turned white with the pressure she was holding the phone. "Who did you call?' he asked, moving closer to him.

Iris took a step back.

A dark smirk on his face, he looked like a vicious predator, and she looked like the prey which was going to get thoroughly devoured.

"What happened? Did your sweet friend abandon you?" he taunted with a smirk.

She glowered.

He smiled.

"I told you, baby girl. You will have no one but us. Everyone would leave you but not us."

"I hate you," she spat out the words.

He froze, his jaw clenched.