Chapter 43: Billy's Awakened ability

ALEX

The way back to pentagon was very smooth. I even slept while Red is driving. She did not bother to wake me up until we reached the base.

"Let's go find the others"

"Hindi ka ba muna mag papahinga?" Tanong ni Red sa akin.

Natawa ako at tiningnan ito "I slept all the way here. Thanks to you"

She nodded and followed me. "Why don't you rest first?" i asked her instead

"I'm not tired"

I heave a sigh silently.

"Red..."

Tiningnan nya ako ng may pag tataka. "Anong plano mo sa buhay?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean literally. We all have something we want to do"

She stared at me for a few seconds and answered. "I'll just follow you"

Natawa ako. "Isn't boring?"

"No." She answered and smiled slightly.

"Red, you can also try making friends"

I saw her eyes chilled. "No, thanks"

I smiled helplessly.

"I also have childhood friends" kwento ko. She look at me with undisguise curiosity.

"We grew up together because our parents are all bestfriends with each other. When we first met, di kami nag kasundo agad. Lyka is very selfish and a glutton, Kei looked quiet but very playful, and I... Ako lang ang matino sa aming tatlo"

I looked at her and saw her smiling.

"Unlike others, we fought a lot.. Mag kakaiba kami ng personalities at mga gusto sa buhay. When we started growing up, unti unti din kaming nagka hiwalay. Kei started doing scientific research, Lyka started working on technological research with her parents, while I.... I focused on building this school.. Minsan wala rin kaming communication sa isa't isa.. Para kaming hindi mag kakaibigan diba?"

Red listened with curiousity.

"I will tell you a secret" i whispered. She looked at me and waited. "We almost died together.. Not once, thrice!"

She looked at me with unconcealed shock. "How? What happened?"

"The first time was when we accidentally fell into a mysterious place inside this mountain for a long time. Second time, was when we were kidnapped by some crazy some shit. The last time was when the base of the mercenary group who were training us was attacked"

"......"

Red looked at me in shock. "You are crazy.. What were you doing in a mountain and why are you being trained by a mercenary. You are not normal!"

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Anong normal sa inyo? Doing some shopping with friends? Watching movies? Bars? Slumber party? Yuck!"

Red opened her mouth to refute and then closed it afterwards.

"So, Red.. don't give up. Aside from me there are other people who will treasure you. And it doesnt mean makikipagkaibigan ka ay ibibigay mo na lahat ng tiwala mo. Give them chance to know you and vice versa"

She didn't answer. Napabuntong hininga nalang ako.

"Red, this world is more difficult now. Kailangan mo ng kahit isang taong makakapitan. Maasahan mo ako jan. But i'm not always here, you know" i said while walking straight without looking at her.