Christmas Special Chapter

A U T H O R

"Chaeyoung! Someone rang the doorbell, can you please open the door?" Mina shouted coming from the kitchen.

"On my way!" Chaeyoung said and stand up from the sofa to open their front door.

"Oh! Hyunjinie! What are you doing here? For Heejin? She's not here, she's out with her sisters." Chaeyoung said as soon as she saw Heejin's best friend.

"Good afternoon aunt Chae! I didn't come here for her, well I did but not really?" Hyunjin unsurely said.

"Oh, come on in." Chaeyoung said and opened the door widely for Hyunjin to step in.

As they walk towards the living room, Mina came out of the kitchen and greeted Hyunjin.

"Oh, hello there Hyunjin." Mina said.

"Hi aunt Mina." Hyunjin greeted.

"Do you want anything? Water? Juice? Coffee? How about bread?" Mina asked and Hyunjin shakes her head.

"I'm fine auntie, thank you." Hyunjin said and sat still.

"So, why are you here?" Chaeyoung asked.

Hyunjin then started to feel nervous.

"Uhm, I actually want to talk to the both of you and tell something." Hyunjin slowly said.

The married couple looked at each other before looking back at Hyunjin.

"What is it? Is there any problem Hyunjinie?" Mina worriedly asked.

"No! There's no problem at all auntie, I'm fine at all." Hyunjin immediately said.

Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Okay, chill down little cat, why are you suddenly nervous?" She asked.

Mina and Chaeyoung knew Hyunjin since Heejin and her were little. Heejin met again Hyunjin after Mina and her finally decided to go back to Seoul and be with Chaeyoung. Little Heejin and Hyunjin continued their friendship up until now that they are in college.

"Well, can I, uhm, can I ask for your blessings? To court your daughter, Heejin." Hyunjin nervously said.

The couple was too shocked to speak so Hyunjin talked again.

"I really really like Heejin for a long time now and at first I don't really have a plan of telling her about my feelings or considering about us being a couple but I will confess to her about what I feel soon. I just also want to let you know about what I feel." Hyunjin said.

Chaeyoung and Mina were still processing what Hyunjin said making Hyunjin more nervous than before.

"I-it is fine if you don't want me for Heejin, I-I ca-."

"Hey, your stuttering. Don't worry, I want you for Heejin okay? I am glad you finally told us about what you feel for our daughter. I've been noticing it for a while that maybe you like her and I wasn't wrong." Mina said smiling at Hyunjin.

Mina knew Hyunjin like her own daughter, she knows when Hyunjin lies, happy, sad, or upset. For a while now, she noticed how Hyunjin suddenly act around Heejin and the same goes for her daughter.

"You'll allow me to court her?" Hyunjin asked for assurance.

"I will, Hyunjin. I know you'll protect Heejin with all your life." Mina said and she looked over to her wife who was still silent.

"Court? Heejin? Oh my god?!" Chaeyoung suddenly exclaimed.

"Someone's going to court my Heekie?" Chaeyoung emotionally said.