Chapter 31, 'Be my girl?,'

9th November 1919, Small Heath, Birmingham.

Spinning around the dirty field, dancing with Isaiah, it was like they were the only two in the world. So content in their own little world, until it was till to switch partners.

Spinning his girl away, Isaiah caught a gypies girl about his age, who introduced herself as Jasmine, she was pretty but nothing compared to Libby.

Libby was spun into a pair of familiar arms but it wasn't any of her familys or any of the blinders. Looking up, Libby was met with a smiling face. A sixteen year old boy with dark brown hair, tanned skin and big blue eyes.

"Fuck me, Rome. What are you doing here?" Libby asked, bewildered on how an old Geordie friend had ended up at a wedding on abc field in Birmingham.

"Well I fucken never. Is that really Miss Elizabeth Smith?" The smiling boy, who was called Romeo, asked.

"Yeah, but it's Shelby now." Libby said, still amazed at how her old friend was here. 

"You married one of them? I got told the youngest was John, who married our Esme and he's twenty-four." Romeo was even more confused when Libby burst out laughing.

"He's my uncle. John is my uncle. Thomas is my dad. I found my family, you radge." Libby glowed talking about her family. Romeo could tell she was happy here.

"So you're not married?" Romeo asked, just double checking.

"You are a fucken idiot, you know that Roe. Of course, i didnt fucken marry one of them. What do you take me for?" Libby asked, offended that he would even say that.

"Oi, get away from my niece before I have your eyes." A very drunk Arthur said, stumbling over towards them.

"Here we go. Arthur I know who it is. He has been one of my close friends for over 7 years. He used to camp on the old field next to where the home was with his family. I've known them for years." Libby explained as Arthur kissed her forehead.

"Alright then as long as you're alright," Arthur grunted out, turning to face Romeo, "Keep your hands off her, alright?"

Romeo held his hands up as if to surrender, "I won't Mr. Shelby," His strong geordie accent caught Isaiah's attention as walked next to him. He was trying to find Libby but so far hadn't been successful.

"Libby, there you are." Isaiah said, walking over to stand behind her so he could wrap his arms around her as if to tell the gypies boy in front of them that Libby was his and to back off.

"Z, are you okay?" Libby asked, leaning into his embrace.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Who's this?"

"An old friend,Z. I've known him for years." Libby said as Isaiah reached over to shake his hand.

"Isaiah this is Romeo, he's a gypies from Newcastle but he has mainly travelled since the war i haven't seen him in about a year." Libby introduced Romeo before turning toward him to introduce Isaiah, "Romeo this is Isaiah. He's very handsome and he's my unofficial boyfriend but don't tell James because we haven't told anybody yet."

Isaiah didn't know Libby was drunk, she had seemed fine but then again she always did when she'd have a drink but her calling him handsome and her unofficial boyfriend proved that she was a bit more than tipsy.

"Nice to meet you Isaiah but if you'll excuse me . I have to go find my sister before she ends up shagging some gadge in a vardoo. Have a good night you two," Romeo left, figuring the young couple wanted some alone time.

"So, I'm your unofficial boyfriend now?" Isaiah asked, walking over to an empty vardoo that had been turned away from the celebration to sit down.

"Yeah, I said that." Libby replied, putting her hands on either side of Isiah's face as he pulled her onto his lap.