Part 29

Flos enters Queen Viola's room, unimpeded. After all, she has become a frequent visitor of Her Majesty the Queen.

For insurance, Flos has Picky Eater blocked the door.

Turning around, Flos smiles sheepishly at Queen Viola who is watching her from her spot by the window, resting on a reclining chair. Queen Viola puts down the document she is reading on the table beside her and stands up, walking closer to Flos as she stares at Picky Eater with a little curiosity.

Queen Viola ceases her movement when Flos raises a hand to gesture for the Queen to stop, to keep a healthy distance away from Picky Eater. Understandably, Her Majesty the Queen voices her interest, "Is this your other variant flower, Miss Flos?

Flos does not want an accident to happen so she explains to the Queen after nodding, "This is Picky Eater. It is a carnivorous variant flower,"

Carnivorous? "Does it eat people?" Queen Viola observes Picky Eater carefully, noting its appearance with a comment: "The size does make it possible,"

"It mostly eats variant beasts because I restrict its diet," Flos takes a look at the now obedient Picky Eater, although Flos doesn't know how long it can stay that way, "If left alone, it might go hunting humans too,"

Sounds like such a thing might have happened before. In that case, Queen Viola agrees with Flos's concern, "Please take care of it,"

"Naturally," Flos nods as she joins Queen Viola to sit at the couches in the room, not the place by the window where Queen Viola left her documents

"Is there a reason for you to look for me?" even going as far as to block the door? Before Queen Viola voices the 2nd part of her question after they sit down comfortably, someone slams on the door from outside, startling the Queen to raise her voice, "Who is it?"

"It's His Majesty," Flos inhales deeply before retelling the conversation in King Ray's office

Queen Viola's expression becomes subtle as she listens to Flos mentioning His Majesty the King and the reason why Flos seeks shelter in Her Majesty the Queen. Glancing at the door that is blocked by Picky Eater, where King Ray is still attempting to barge in, Queen Viola knows what to do.

1st and foremost, "I will apologise to you in my husband's stead," says Queen Viola, "Please forgive us,"

"I..." Flos is not offended, just dumbfounded. However, that is something offending, isn't it? "I accept the apology,"

"Thank you," Queen Viola nods lightly. Then, to ease the awkwardness, Queen Viola brings up the subject, "What do you think? Do you want to participate in our campaign?"

"Is there a reason for Her Majesty and His Majesty to breach this equilibrium?" Flos does not know the inside story, so she is hesitant to participate, even if King Ray has promised a sumptuous reward. However, from what Flos does know, "Is it related to Her Majesty's...poisoning incident?"

Queen Viola sighs faintly at Flos's guess, "It is related, yes. However, that is not the only reason," dropping her gaze to stare at her lap, resting her hands on her lap, Queen Viola murmurs as she crosses her fingers, "Ray's family are all..." sighing again, Queen Viola finishes the sentence, "Too much,"

Flos keeps silent because she doesn't know how to respond. Queen Viola also becomes quiet, lost in thought.

Flos glances at Picky Eater who is still guarding the door and confirms that nobody will be able to break in anytime soon. Looking at Queen Viola who seems to be in a daze, Flos carefully gets up, wanting to brew tea for themselves only to remember she does not bring the item box along, and sits back down again.