▪ Chapter 24 (Search for Answers That No Longer Exist) ▪

"Let go of him!" Mina shouted, watching a limp Izuku being dragged along to the white-haired man in the fire. Because of the explosion of red and yellow, the man's hair looked like tongues of fire instead of hair. 

     The group was scattered, some landing closer to others than some. Mina had landed closer to Izuku than anyone else, but that didn't mean the rest of the group weren't looking desperately for their missing friends. 

     "Stay out of this, girl," he replied to her outburst, not sparing a glance for her. 

     Soon enough, staff members and the class's teacher were coming out to figure out what was going on. 

     "What is going on?!" Aizawa shouted to no one in particular, he wasn't expecting an answer. 

     And he didn't get one. He; however, did receive a scream and several grunts or shouts. 

     "Ashido, go away," Hisako warned, walking next to her father. "Daddy, get Izuku ready. The nomus will take care of the rest."

     Hisashi nodded, looking with distaste at his disgraceful son. 

     "What shall I do with the boy?" he asked, refusing to let the words 'son' slip out. He would never call this thing his son. 

     Hisako thought after a deep second. Her mind was thinking of the best thing to do. She wanted him gone, but she needed information. So she spat, "Wake him up."

. o O o . 

     Denki, Eijiro, and Katsuki fought off the nomu they were dealing with, hoping not to run into anymore before they found Izuku. Unfortunately, they were met with another. But this time, they found one strangling Mina.

     Next to her, a few feet away, were Hisashi, Hisako, and Izuku. 

     "You two handle the nomu and get Mina. I'll get Izuku," Katsuki grit out. His quirk powering over his body at ten percent.

      Both nodded, walking towards Mina. Katsuki heard the harsh slap that the man gave Izuku, and he heard the groan Izuku released when he struggled to wake up. 

     "Tell me where the-" Hisako started to say when Katsuki jumped on top of her. 

     "You devil, daughter of a-" Katsuki shouted, punching her madly. He still remembered when his mother told him to respect women in the beginning of the year. 'Well, respect goes both ways, right?' he thought to himself.

     Suddenly, Hisako shrieked when a bullet hit her shoulder. 

     Katsuki looked back in shock, thinking that it was Izuku, but was surprised to see a smirking person. They blew on the gun dramatically and shouted something among the lines of-

     "God dang it! I was going for her head! This witch needs to die!-"

     They were pushed away by somebody else. The person taking the shooter away apologizing, "Sorry, they just needed a moment. It's been building up in the comments."

     Katsuki blinked in confusion, but he focused back on the writhing woman under him. 

     As she grit her teeth, she said, "I- Get off me- or Deku-"

     Her hand motioned to the now awake boy, squeezing her nails into her palms. 

     Izuku yelped in surprise at the pain of his heart trying to literally jump out of his chest.

     "Stop it!" Katsuki shouted, getting ready to blast her with his quirk, but she stopped him. 

     "If you even try, Katsuki Bakugou, I will not hesitate to do it!" she shouted through her throbbing shoulder. The shooter watched from afar, cursing themselves for not covering the bullet with poison first.

     Izuku's eyes formed tears as his heart pounded rapidly against his chest. His breathing was becoming more spasmodic. 

     Katsuki reluctantly got off, and he was immediately pounced on by a nomu. Busying himself in trying to survive again, Hisako brushed herself off with her good arm. 

     "Daddy, make him tell me where he hid the nuptial cups," Hisako said. 

     "Izuku, don't be unreasonable now," Hisashi said teasingly. "Boy, don't make this harder for yourself. Tell me where they are."

     Now, if Izuku was being honest, completely honest, he knew exactly where they were. However, it had been the most important, cherished, and loved gift he ever received. He simply did not want to give it away, even though his life was in danger. It made no sense, but he kept his mouth shut. But not for long. 

     Katsuki counted in his head, the group had taken out three nomus so far, but they kept coming. Three more were left, one of them being the one that Katsuki was being pinned down by. 

     "Don't worry, Bakubro, we'll help you!" Eijiro shouted, making his way over when he too was pounced on suddenly by a nomu. 

     Denki tried to pry it off while Mina went to Katsuki. The pro heroes weren't here, and who knew where Aizawa was at the moment. Though his location didn't matter, even if Aizawa knew where the group was, he wouldn't be able to reach them. Fire surrounded them on all sides. There was no way through. 

     "Ugh! I swear when we're done here, I'm going to beg sensei for a trip to the beach!" Mina screamed as her hands burned the nomu's outer layer of skin. 

     A bone-shattering, blood-curdling scream was heard, and the group froze. Even the nomus seemed to freeze in place.

     Tears ran down Izuku's pale face while a smirk crept onto Hisako's. The next sound everyone heard was the cracking of bones again.

(A/N: I know it wasn't too obvious, but I hope you all got the part where you all shot her. I thought it would be fun to. Hope you enjoyed it!)

925 Words