thirty-three

"I'm so fucking stuffed," Skylar slouched in her seat as she put her chopsticks down

The girls had decided on dumplings for dinner so we found ourselves at the Din Tai Fung in the Century City mall.

Ayanna let out a sigh as she downed the rest of her lychee martini. She placed her hands on her stomach, patting it softly before taking a sip of water.

The fooditis at the table was extreme as I looked around, noting everyone was full and ready for bed.

" I'm good to go to sleep now." Dominic mutters as his eyes grow heavy.

The table grew quiet as everyone stared at the damage we did in just a little over an hour. There was no crumb spared and no plate left with remnants of the meal we had tonight.

" So gelato is out of the question then?" Haze answered with a hopeful tinge in his tone. The guys and I raised a brow at him as his smile faded slowly.

" Aren't you lactose intolerant?" I reminded him as he shrugged. " Yes and-" He sasses as I shake my head in disbelief.

" And nothing," Sade interrupted." Your ass will not be stinking up any bathroom in the place where I rest my head. So yes, gelato is out of the question, Haze."

The table erupted into breathy laughter as the check came around. Kyler quickly snatched the check up before Sky could get it in her grasp. He slid his black amex into the card holder before throwing it across the table to Dominic.

" You guys are not going to pay for dinner," Jora tried to snatch the check from Dominic but was too slow as he passed it to me.

" Just let them play hot potato with the check like a bunch of fucking children." Skylar suggested as she finished off her drink. "A free meal is a free meal."

Now, her logic wasn't wrong.

The girls eventually stopped fighting with us and let us pay the check. I secretly think they wanted us to pay because they let the topic drop a lot quicker than they usually do with things.

" Are you guys coming to our place since it's closer?" I asked Ayanna.

" I think that's the plan in mind." She nods as she stands in front of me. I lay my chin on top of her head as we wait for their driver to pull up. We stood in silence as she gripped onto the material of my hoodie while we waited.

" Good," I mumbled, " I miss you in my bed."

Ayanna pulls her head away from my chest as her nose turns up. " You were just in my bed last night," she recalls as the car pulls up behind her.

" But I miss you in mine. Naked in my sheets," I say as I walk her to the door. Ayanna waves me off as I close the door behind her with a permanent smile attached on my face.

The guys and I head down to the garage to leave. On the drive home we talked about our practice schedule for the week. We reminded Haze of his upcoming project because if we didn't he would most likely forget about it.