𝐈𝐈𝐈.

─────── ───────

III.

─────── ───────

October 5th, 2014

Deep coffee bean air blasted the two teens as they opened the door to the bookshop, which was a comforting contrast to the high winds tousling through England. A golden bell over their heads jingled softly, and Lorelai smiled faintly as she peaked at the café bar to see the familiar redheaded sister of hers.

"Is it my lucky day?" Wilbur rocked on his feet in anticipation, noticing Lorelai's warm grin.

She nodded, "Indeed it is."

He gasped in delight, "Really? I'm meeting someone from your family?"

"Calm down, Jared." She rolled her eyes, "It's not that big of a deal, she'll probably be excited that I've started making friends."

"You don't have any friends?" Wilbur suddenly became very aware of how hard socializing could be for Lorelai, she had only been in England for less than a year and was traditionally French.

"I don't not have friends." She shrugged, starting to walk over to where her sister hurriedly put drinks together, "I just keep to myself."

"That sounds like you don't have friends" Wilbur chuckled, "Don't worry, I'll be your friend."

She sighed thoughtfully, "Thanks."

"No problem" He joined her at the counter, where she was waiting for a copper-haired woman to turn around.

"Val!" She sung, and it took only a second for the older sister to recognize Lorelai's voice,

"What are you doing here?" Val wiped her hands on her dusty-brown apron, Wilbur noticed how her French accent was a lot more recognizable than Lorelai's, but anyone could easily tell they were sisters by the smiles they shared.

"We don't have any classes for the rest of the day, so we wanted to get some caffeine." Lorelai leaned on the marble top,

"We?" Valerie quirked an eyebrow at her younger sibling before noticing the rather tall boy behind her, smiling plainly, "Who's this?"

"This is Wilbur" Lorelai introduced, and the dark-haired boy noticed how that was the first time she had said his name out loud before. It felt foreign but comforting.

Val nodded in acknowledgement towards Wil, "I'm glad you've made friends Rory"

"Oh, shut it, I could make as many friends as I please." Lorelai defended, and Val gave her a knowing look, Wilbur also had to stifle laughter at the comment.

"So, what can I get for you guys today?" Valerie dismissed the subject quickly,

Lorelai hummed her order smoothly like she'd said it a million times before, "Café Crème s'il te plait."

"I should've expected that from you" Val didn't even have to write down her sister's order, "and you?"

Wilbur knew how to be polite, "Just a Hot Chocolate please." he said with a smile.

Valerie beamed, "Good choice, those'll be ready in a couple minutes"

"Merci" Lorelai thanked the redhead,

"don't we have to pay?" Wilbur raised an eyebrow before leaving the counter, and Valerie waved him off,

"No need, you might need some compensation for having to deal with Rory all the time, sugary drinks are a good payment." She smiled, and Lorelai rolled her eyes at the comment.