Part 49

"Shut up"

------------------------‐-----‐-----------------------------

"Dad let's go!" Izuku called after Aizawa who was struggling to pull a comb through his hair.

"I can't get the frickin thing through my hair!"

"If you brushed it more often then it wouldn't be a problem now would it!", Izuku yelled back as he tapped his foot impatiently.

Finally Aizawa came downstairs with a dishevelled but knot less head of hair and frown in his face.

"I still don't think it's a good idea to go out while they're out there.", he said and pulled his shoes on. "Well we're going either way, I don't really care honestly.", Izuku replied and opened the door, grabbing the keys in the process.

"Only a half hour.", Aizawa said and they both exited the house, "come on, 45 minutes", his son said and slipped into the car with Aizawa doing the same on the drivers side. "Fine."

Now they were on their way to the cafe to meet Miya, Izuku hadn't met his surrogate mother in over two months and he had missed her dearly. Since the exams were done and they had a while until training camp, Izuku suggested -forced- a visit to her even though there was potentially more danger outside the house than inside.

His argument was rather convincing:

"Come with me and know when I get abducted or I sneak out and you have no idea when I'm abducted, your choice."

So when they parked the car Aizawa looked around the area, then at the position of the street cameras, then inside the cafe, then at the rooftops, then texted Nezu, finally he looked at Izuku who was slumped in his seat.

"Paranoid much?", he sighed as he stepped out of the car, not waiting for Aizawa to catch up before pushing the cafe door open and greeting Miya with a bright smile. "Hey!", he said and hopped over the counter to the other side.

"Izu-kun!", she exclaimed and pulled him into a tight hug, "I haven't seen you in so long", she said and started swaying from side to side while still hugging him.

"I know, I know. I'm really sorry about that, I had exams and stuff...", he said and breathed in her rain scented fragrance, he'd missed it so very much.

"You better not get hurt doing all that fighting stuff. If you get hurt then I will cut you off of coffee. You're too addicted to it already!", she berated him.

"Anyways,", he changed the subject, "you need help with anything? I'm free for like an hour-"

"45 minutes!", Aizawa yelled from the booth he had already found a seat in.

"Right, 45 minutes."

Miya shrugged, "we've done everything but I can never make the tarts as well as you though.", she admitted and pulled Izuku into the kitchen, "I'll go give Aizawa-kun a coffe and choux, wait right there sweetie", she gave Izuku and kiss on his forehead and grabbed some foo. Akira was piping cream onto the macaroons when he saw Izuku.

"Aizawa-kun! How you doin!?", he yelled with his headphones on, Izuku cringed at the loud sound but smiled anyway. "Hey Akira. I'm doing okay, what about you?", Izuku asked out of courtesy, in truth he wanted to just spend the day with Miya, maybe bake something, go to the tiny market where she gets her clothes and things.

The mall was too crowded for Miya and she'd decided that the articles you got there weren't worth the hassle. She'd found a good flea market that was open all year round with great things. The people there were sweet and she just liked how the market's environment felt.

Izuku used to spend every waking minute that wasn't used on school and vigilantism with Miya before he was adopted. She taught him everything he knew about cooking and baking.

He wanted to spend the day with her, the only problem was his dad, sneaking away from him wouldn't be a problem with just Izuku but with the added load of Miya, it was quite the feat so he wouldn't even attempt it.

"Akira how about I do that today, you can take a break, my treat!", Izuku said and the teleporter didn't need to be asked twice because he showed up at a nearby chair half a second later. 

Izuku grabbed the piping bag and finished the macaroons, he grabbed the tart shells and poured the different flavored fillings into it then decorated the top with cuts fruits. He pulled the finished cakes out of the oven and decorated them before cutting three slices each and placing them in the display case, with how fast he hurried Izuku took about 25 minutes. He went into the storage room and almost cried when he saw how messy it was.

"Miya!", he yelled and the middle aged woman came running from the register she was at, "what's wrong?", "why is my pantry such a mess?", Izuku asked as he leaned against the flour covered wall for support. "Oh sweetheart, Akira isn't too orderly, we know where everything is though so we get by", she said and rubbed her neck, she knew that he loved to keep this place neat but ever since he left there hasn't been anyone to remove empty boxes or arrange the supplies in order.

"Forget everything, we're spending our time in this godforsaken room.", Izuku said and grabbed an empty crate of blueberries, shoving it to the side because it could be reused for something else in case they needed it.

Miya sighed, wishing he hadn't seen this and that they could spend their small amount of time doing something more...fun

"Izu-kun, are uh are you sure you want to do this right now?", she asked hopefully.  "We could make strawberry shortcake! You love strawberry shortcake, come on.", she held his hand and gently pulled him to the workstation, out of the room. "Fine... wait- DAD!", Izuku called and Aizawa came quickly.

"What?", he asked and frowned at Izuku's messy state, there was flour on his hair and buttercream on his face. Aizawa grabbed his handkerchief and wiped off all the cream then ruffled Izuku's hair to get all the white powder out while Izuku groaned. "Oh hush you.", he said shook his head when he was done.

"Do you want to help us bake strawberry shortcake?", he asked, Aizawa smiled but declined politely, "if I tried to help then it would probably end up tasting like tacos but I'm not saying I wouldn't love to eat it.", He finished, Izuku sighed but went to the work station after grabbing the right ingredients.

Izuku and Miya drew shapes in the sifted flour, and foot and stars and flowers- because of the pun- they threw it at eachother and gulped cake batter down. Salmonella was almost assured by how much raw cake batter they had eaten.

Once in the oven the started on the cream which wasn't supposed to take long but it did with how distracted they were.

"Izuku, it's been 45 minutes", Aizawa said and came into the kitchen, "dad the we'll be done in like 30 minutes. Please", Izuku pleaded and in the end he got his way.

But the fruit of his patience was worth the wait because the cake tasted amazing, they conversed and laughed, having fun overall, all while Akira snored silently with his phone still turned on.  Izuku smiled contentedly but internally groaned,

He had to go to the mall the next day.