I Still Love You

Pepper ran over to Nat who was pacing back and forth in the hospital. Nat glanced up as she can feel herself crumble into Pepper's arms.

She cried, "This is all my fault."

Pepper caressed her hair and shook her head saying, "No, no. Nothing is your fault, my dear."

She pulled away to look Nat in the eyes and said, "He's going to be fine, he's Tony Stark after all."

Nat nodded as they both shared a small laugh. Pepper placed her hand onto her face and said, "Go get some rest, you look like you haven't slept in days."

She nodded as she can began to feel the toll of exhaustion take over. She slowly walked out the hospital trying to catch a cab and said, "Fuck it, I'm walking home."

She walked in what had once been the cold night now turning into morning as the sun began to shine over New York City as she suddenly was regretting making herself walk home. She finally arrived to her apartment complex feeling like she hadn't been here in so long. She debated if she wanted to go through the main entrance being forced to possibly bump into people or just take the alleyway and climb through the window. Without making up her mind, her body had decided that she was going through the window.

She heard a sudden whisper in the alleyway as it was still too dark out to notice if there was anyone in there.

She said, "Listen, I'm not in the mood..."

She heard a loud thud in the alleyway as she heard a mumble, "Nat."

She walked closer seeing Peter grasping his stomach as he threw up black gunk all over the floor.

"Oh my god!", Nat let out.

She crouched to the floor helping him up. She sighed and said, "Come on."

She helped him up the steps until they reached her window. She pulled it open as she went in first, and Peter lifted up his hand for her to wait as he threw up again. Nat looked at him with concern all over her face as he cracked a joke saying, "Come on, it's not that bad."

She shook her head at him as she helped him through the window and straight to the bathroom as he began to throw up black goo all into their toilet.

She said, "Stay here, I'm going to grab some stuff for you."

He smiled between his pain and said, "Okay, my beautiful girlfriend."

A stab through the heart was what she felt hearing those words again. She walked out the bathroom as she caught glance of something strange. She paused as she took a few steps backwards and looked at her photo wall.

She gasped, "How the fuck-"

There were photos of her and Peter, some of her, and some of Peter. She grabbed one off the wall in particular of them two. She had been squeezing his face so close to hers that his smile was priceless. She tilted her head as she caught a glimpse of her first memory.

She dropped the film as it gilded its way down making its way to where Peter was. Peter took it into his weak fingers and smiled, "Can't tell me you don't remember that night?"

She froze as she could see the memory before her clear as day.

It was one of the date nights, Peter had surprised her with a nice picnic in this beautiful park in the middle of the night where there was no one around, it was just them two.

She remembered saying, "Peter, you aren't planning to murder me out here in the wilderness are you?"

He had smirked as he said, "Oh, of course not. But what I am planning is this", he spun her around to see a picnic blanket on the ground with battery functioned candles all around it with a box of pizza in the middle.

She smiled and said, "Wow, very romantic."

He gave her a big ole' smile that she adored. He said, "Alright, before we get down to business with this pizza, picture for our photo wall."

She giggled as she latched her hands around his face squishing his face against hers as they both had the cheesiest smile. The photo becoming one of her favorite photos of them both.

Nat gasped as she realized she was holding her breath as she remembered the memory. She shook out of her thoughts as she heard Peter puking again. She rushed to grab some medication and fluids to give to him. He waived them away.

Nat worriedly said, "Peter, I think we should take you somewhere to get looked at."

He shook his head weakly as he said, "I just want to sleep."

She grabbed his face as he felt how cold he was. She softly said, "Everything's going to be okay."

She helped him into the bath as she gently washed his face and the rest of his body. She helped him out as then she helped him brush his teeth and put some warmer clothes on. She took him to what had once been their shared bedroom, but now felt as if it was her own room. She laid him in the bed as she tucked him in with warm blankets.

She whispered, "Get some rest."

She felt his cold hand reach up to grab hers and asked, "Can you stay... Please."

She looked back at him and nodded as she got under the covers joining him in bed. They both laid there separate from each other. She could feel him shivering from the other side of the bed.

She hated not being able to feel for him the way he did for her. She just wanted to remember.

Peter continued to tremble as she suddenly felt the urge to wrap her arms around him. She scooted towards him as she wrapped her arms around him, caressing his hair. She was loving the feeling of his fluffy hair moving through her fingers.

Peter mumbled through shivers, "N-Nat?"

She responded, "Yes, Peter?"

He wrapped his arms around her trying to take in all the warmth her body could provide. She laid his head onto her chest as he said, "I still love you, even if you can't remember anything about me."

Those words were enough to send her into tears. She knew somewhere deep down that she loved him too, she just needed to figure out how to find those feelings again.