Chapter 29

Hope you are all still enjoying it. It's a dream of mine to publish a gxg book one day!

Nilsa spent the evening trying to calm Aerilyn down and cheer her up.

"Come on you need to put it in the past and move on" The vampire tried to reason as the girl paced the room.

"You seem like you are going to do something stupid, whatever it is, it's not a good idea" Nilsa stopped in Aerilyn's way and grabbed her wrist causing Aerilyn to stop and look up.

"I should have killed her, I'm a disgrace to my own race, once they find out I'll be killed" she carried on pacing.

Nilsa pulled her hand away and sat down on the large bed in the girls room. It was dark, dreary snd depressing in there because the girl refused to have the bright lights on. "That isn't going to happen" Nilsa spoke lowly.

Aerilyn was frustrated, she had just held a dangerous weapon up to the Queen's throat in front of everyone and was probably now the most hated human alive once word spread.

After all that her best friend came to find her and the Queen never told her. "I need some time alone, sorry" she came to the conclusion.

Nilsa knew there was nothing she could do, she was tied to the Queen's allegiance and would never betray her, she could sense the girl wanted to ask for her help, but couldn't knowing the answer.

Nodding she got up and left.

It was the middle of the night before Aerilyn left her room, she couldn't sleep and thought a walk might help.

That walk took her to the kitchen to find food, as she was rustling about in the rather large fridge, a man was stood watching the girl.

"Ahem" he coughed.

Aerilyn banged her head on the fridge as she whipped round, red reaching her cheeks.

"Oh hi" she waved shyly.

"What an odd hour to be in here, I do say" he spoke slow, with wisdom and knowledge at the tip of his tongue, she could tell that much.

"I couldn't sleep" Aerilyn closed the fridge and went to sit at the breakfast bar.

"Some thing is on your mind" he spoke quietly, walking further into the kitchen, keeping a respectful distance between them.

"I guess" she whispered.

She looked at the man properly this time, he had short brown hair, was a medium size build and a bit taller than her. His clothes weren't nice but they weren't horrible either, he looked rather well kept. "Are you human?" She asked.

He cocked his head to the side and chuckled.

"Not that I'm aware of, what is your name child?" He started to gather ingredients from around the kitchen, placing them on the work top.

"Aerilyn" she smiled.

He rubbed his chin in thought. "Ah yes, I am Richard, it's nice to finally meet you" he smiled back.

Aerilyn was so unsure about this man, who was he, why was he here, she had not seen him before. "Are you a worker?" She inquired.

He shook his head and frowned.

"No, I'm Luanna's mate, now let's get you something proper to eat because God knows eating that small piece of cake won't do much for you" he began to crack eggs and whisk them.

"You don't need to, I can make something, honestly, I don't want to keep you up" she reassured him.

He just ignored her.