Chapter 2

Cale stood up and ran to the bathroom to see his state. His arms were covered in bandage and his forehead too. The was a bruise on his cheek and a handprint on his neck. Just what the hell happened after I passed out?

- The man beat you into a pulp until Basen saw you!

Cale's eyes widen in horror as he heard a voice on his head.

He looked at his surroundings to see where the voice came from.

"How dare you enter my room. Get out before I beheaded you." He sharply said.

- Calm down Cale! Seriously, you're so ill tempered! Only you can hear me, remember the silver amulet inside the box? That's me!

The voice inside his head cheerfully explained. Then a realization struck Cale like a lightning.

"Ancient Power..." He felt a icy power flow into him.

- I'm Abby, nice to meet you.

The Ancient Power replied to him. Cale stared at the mirror then white smoke started to leave his mouth. He could also feel his hand becoming cold.

- Cale, calm down! You can't control your power yet, you're going to freeze to death I'm telling you.'

Abby complained.

"How long was I unconscious?"

- For about 8 days. Your brother was panicking because your body was strangely  cold they thought you were dead. Thankfully, I manage to control it before you froze to death, you dumbass.

"A week..." Cale mumbled and felt like he's forgetting something. His eyes widen then grabbed a almost black blue coat to keep him warmer. He opened the door and saw a Priest Infront of him. Cale ignored him and dashed to the library to get the book he had forgotten. No one dared to follow him like usual.

Cale slammed the door open and locked it before looking where he placed the empty book. He let out a cold sigh of relief as he saw it there. The broken wine glass was still there, too.

Cale grabbed the book and flipped it open. It's still empty.

- Eat it.

"Excuse me?" Cale was lost of words and frowned at Abby's suggestion.

- I can feel something familiar with it. Try to eat a page.

The Ancient Power was not joking around. Cale stared at the book he is holding. He frowned. A crumpling sound was heard as he peel off a page from the boom and awkwardly opening his mouth. He then started to chew on the paper obediently. His eye brows shoot up at the sweet taste spread on his mouth.

"Why is it delicious?" He asked then gulped down the paper. The pages of the book fluttered as if someone is reading it in a fast pace and started to shimmer. It turned into a speak of golden ash. Cale was left dumbfounded.

"What the f-" He didn't managed to finish his sentence when he felt something ticklish on his heart, he saw a flash then a bomb explosion, dead bodies everywhere, a guy wearing a hood, and then the bloody Basen holding out his sword, blood flowing down from his arm. Cale's heart was racing at the sight of his brother covered in blood, desperation in eyes then another bomb exploded.

There was another flash and the scene ended. Cale was feeling a light head ache and he was panting.

- I knew it! It's Sura the prophet! It's another ancient power that can see the future!

The future? Cale thought. Basen. Future. Bombs. Basen is going to die.

White fog left Cale's mouth again as he tried to calm down.

- Cale, do you wish to die? If not, then control your powers!

"Can Sura talk to me too?"

- All prophets are mute, didn't you know that?

Ancient Powers are from people from the ancient times. And Prophet's powers are passed down to their children and were only believed to exist in ancient times before a war broke out that wiped out all prophets. No records proved it since it's just a old tale.

Cale rushed out of the library looking for a servant. "Where's Basen?"

"He left 3 days ago, the Royal family hosted a event-" Hans was cut off when Cale cursed under his breath.

"Have you seen Ron?"

"Y-young master... Ron and his son Beacrox left too with the man Choi Han who punched you a day after Young master Basen left." Hans stuttered afraid the young master might lash out his anger at him.

They left? Cale thought then went to his father's office. He didn't knocked and just kicked the door open. His younger sister, Lily was standing Infront of his father with a wooden sword in hand and the Priest earlier.

"Cale?" His father asked standing up. His son never visited his office unless he called for him.

"Is it alright for you to stand up already? The priest said you dashed out before he could check on you? You're not feeling dizzy or anything? Are you hurt anywhere? I'm sorry that bastard who dare lay a-" Cale didn't have time to chit-chat with his father.

"Father, where's Ron?" Cale stepped forward looking at his father's eye but the Duke just avoided it.

"Oh- I heard Hans saw him and Beacrox leave with that bastard. Ho, they didn't even told me," Count Deruth heaved out a unbelievable sigh as he was not expecting that to happen. Cale just nodded in response. He couldn't find his voice. Cale was mad at them. Ron and Beacrox were the only people who took care of him when his father ignored him.

"I see," Cale smiled in pain. Lilly's eyes widen—this is the first time Cale smiled at them, but it wasn't a joyful smile. "Give me some money father, and I'm going to borrow a horse."

"Huh? Cale, you should be resting right now and not wondering around. Didn't you know how bloody your head was when Basen found you?" His father said with begging eyes. Cale frowned, his actions revealing nothing.

The Count sighed. He can't stop his son.

—————————

"Give me 10 more bags of bread." Cale ordered, throwing gold coins at the commoner's hand.

The trash young master had emptied all bakery shop he had seen. This is the 7th time he came back after disappearing with bags of bread again.

"What. You don't want to?" Cale glared at the man.

"J-just a second!" The man stuttered and left to pack bags of bread.

Will this be enough? I'm tired you know.

- Yes I think so too. Glutton loved the bread!

Damn, that Ancient Power is a pain in the ass.