21

Izuku laid in his newly made nest.

Confused. Scared. Alone.

He didn't know what to do, he didn't know how he could gain his alphas back, and he didn't know how long it's been.

It could've been hours or days, maybe even weeks. How are you supposed to tell time when the only calendar, the only clock you have is an internal one.

Just how long has he been here? Not just at that moment, but since he first arrived. When he arrived in that scarily sterile room after his first ever heat, when he shoved into an empty cafeteria in barely anything, left to fend for himself from a horde of horny alphas.

But his alphas were different from all the others. They took care of him. They loved him without taking advantage of him. They stayed with him through his heat and placated his needs.

How long had they been gone?

How much longer would they be gone?

Will they come back at all?

What if they never come back for him?

What if they decide he's not worth all he's put them through?

What if he's too much for them? Too much to take care of? Too clumsy, too needy?

Maybe he just wasn't enough for them? Would he really be able to keep each of them happy? Satisfied?

Izuku couldn't stop as his omega slowly yet surely fell into a drop. His thoughts continued to spiral to worse places as tears streamed from his eyes and down his cheeks.

He wanted his alphas, he needed his alphas. But did they need him? Did they even want him?

The fully dropped omega stilled at the sudden sound of the door to the den clicking open.

The omega listened as footsteps entered the room, but instead of being elated, ecstatic that his alphas were back, Izuku froze.

That wasn't the scent of any of his alphas.

—-

Kirishima grumbled slightly as he shifted his position on the shoulder he was laying on.

Unfortunately he misjudged the distance and the sensation of free falling jerked him awake.

Kirishima groaned at the unwelcome feeling of being awake so suddenly, gently he rubbed his forehead against the shoulder he was leaning on.

The alpha smiled when the person he was laying on rumbled in content. Kirishima answered with his own rumbling purr before looking up lazily.

He had expected to see the smiling face of his packmate while the others cuddled in a pile of comfort, but what he was met with was startling.

Red smeared and crusted over in a sickening river just in front of Shinso's ear. Of course Kiri panicked, just like any sensible person would.

What scared Kirishima the most though was the small smile Shinso was directing towards him. The sight of Todoroki buried as close he could into Shinso's stomach, the purple alpha held tightly on the other as well.

Bakugo was nowhere to be seen. Izuku was gone as well.

Then, of course, there was the matter of where in hell they were.

Kiri carefully brought his hands up to Shinso's head. He hated the way his packmate flinched away slightly before relaxing against his hands. Gently, Kiri combed through the matted and blood stained purple hair before finding the source of the injury.