Umbridge in Charge

I'm so so sorry guys! I lost motivation and ideas for a while, but I'm back in the game and I'll try to be more consistent. :)

 So uh, back to the story I guess....

As much as Hari hated Dumbledore, life had been a lot easier with him in the castle.

Ever since the twins had been overheard talking about a werewolf, and Umbridge had gotten word of it, Dumbledore had been discredited and fired. Hari, as you can imagine, hadn't been very impressed when she'd learned this information while in the hospital wing and it was fair to say that the image of a rather large fire would be on everyone's mind for a while.

Umbridge had immediately declared herself headmistress and then proceeded to write decree after decree after decree so that anything other than her tight orderly schedule and doll-like students immediately got detention. Hari had even once got detention for her tie being tied in a Four In Hand knot instead of a Half-Windsor knot.

Try what Umbridge may, however, the entire castle was against her, with students nearly upping their rule-breaking, not to mention the growing defence club that was literally right under her nose, or floors to be more precise.

The group was doing well, they'd been working on basic defensive spells a lot and had now moved on to more advanced things. They had done the basics of the Patronus charm the last two sessions and were planning to try to cast more than whispy smoke, or nothing in some cases, this time.

It had been more than a month since Dumbledore had left and Hari was asleep on her feet. There was still a month left till exams but Hermione was pushing her to study more than ever. Her only real breaks were chilling with Ron playing chess in the common room, or with Draco when she could get away. Between Umbridges still consistent detentions, weekly teaching a now-massive group of students, studying for her O.W.L.s, and everything else going on, she felt like a zombie as she walked towards the girl's bathroom.

She gave Myrtle, who was keeping watch for them, a wave then opened the sink and slid down the pipe.

Landing on the cold stone floor, she made her way through the entrance of the tunnels, glancing around as she went. This place had been cleaned up a lot, it was starting to feel less like a murder dungeon and more like a training centre with its posters and charts and books scattering the transfigured tables and couches of the common areas.

The group that was gathered near the training dummies turned as she entered. Marissa bounced over and hugged Hari as she walked towards the centre of the room. The rest of the group followed behind the little Gryffindor.

"Alright," Hermione got their attention, "How's everyone feeling about casting their first real Patronus charm today?"

There were some cheers, and a few concerned comments but mostly happy faces.

Hermione pulled out her wand, "I'm sure you remember the basic movement and incantation," she said, twirling her wand in a circle and stating clearly "Expecto Patronum."

Nothing happened other than silvery vapour and the rest of the class following along with a chorus of "Expecto Patronum" not that Hari had really expected anything to.

Hermione smiled, "Now then, Hari's brought a special guest today."

All eyes turned towards Hari as she took the small mirror out of her pocket and projected the image it contained into a much larger circle. #) Who remembers Re- Professor Lupin? (# she asked. 

The man in question smiled at the sea of excited faces from where his upper body floated in a 2D circle. "I see Hari finally managed to break some of the wards that Umbridge put up to stop magical communication." He laughed.