[033] ━━ yuri feels broken (again)

real life

YURI feels like throwing up

YURI feels like throwing up. Maybe she should take back her words and bail on her biological mother! Yuri should come up with some kind of excuse so she doesn't have to attend that stupid dinner she's having with her mother to be civil for the sake of her father and her three siblings. Yuri can't stop moving. She rearranges her messy desk dozens of times and she continuously folds and then unfolds her socks that Yeiji gave her to fold up.

       "It's going to be okay, Yuri," Sunghoon's voice flows out of Yuri's phone that's leaning against her vanity mirror. His smile was comforting as Yuri looks over at him, and then she sees his girlfriend's — Lauren Dia — head resting on his shoulder as she peers into the screen and Yuri relaxes even more. She breathes in deeply and exhales. Her heart slowly calms down. She's got this. Choi Yuri can act civil with her (pathetic excuse of a) mother.

      Maybe, if Yuri thinks about the girl's day she's having with Lauren in a couple of days, then the dinner will fly by faster. Honestly, Yuri's looking forward to spending some time with Lauren. They met a few days ago after Sunghoon gave into their annoying nagging and took Yuri to the cafe he and Lauren always met at. Now, Sunghoon regrets having a weak moment.

       "I'll tell you this again; I'm only one call away, I'll always pick up," Sunghoon's reminder was soft and gentle and Yuri's smile is wider than before.

      "Thank you, Hoonerz, but I'm pretty sure I won't need to call you, I'm a Girlboss, I can handle Hye-Bin by myself," Yuri says confidently.

       Lauren squeals, "there's the confidence!"

      "I also don't want to ruin your date with Lauren," Yuri mutters bashfully, picking up her phone and falling backwards on her bed, "so, don't worry about me, okay? It's going to go fine."

        "Someone has to worry about you," Sunghoon mutters, frowning.

      "Leave the worrying up to my mom, Sunghoon," Yuri says, smiling at the thought of Kim Yeiji, her mother.

      "Fine," relents Sunghoon, "but still text me after the dinner, okay?"

       Yuri rolls her eyes, but there's still a smile plastered on her face, "yes, I will, now go on your date. Bye!" Before either Sunghoon or Lauren had a chance to say goodbye, they're slipped off her screen and Yuri slides onto her messages with her mother. She reads them and cringes — god she sounds so polite and she's typing with fucking caps. The things Yuri does just to act civil with Jang Hye-Bin.

        Yuri looks at herself in the mirror one last time before pulling open her bedroom door, pausing to pull up her groupchat with Seo-Jun, Ji-Woo, Ha-Yoon, and Seo-Yun, to let them know she's on her way to meet up with her (sorry attempt of a) mother. The nerves appeared again and this time, Yuri isn't able to push them away. So many thoughts swarm her brain and she groans. Yeiji was so good at persuading Yuri to do things.