22

Todoroki sat outside Izuku's cabinet.

He wasn't quite sure what had happened to get him there though. One moment he was cuddling with his pack, stuck in that prison of a room and the next he was landing painfully on the floor of their den.

Todoroki ended up falling asleep on the side of the cupboard, still exhausted from whatever those poor excuses for medical workers did.

When he did wake up again, he strangely felt more calm than he had in, what he was sure had to be weeks, maybe even months.

He looked around, just now noticing he was back in their den. It was just him, but for some reason they let him back.

Their den was absolutely trashed, the nest was strewn about the room, their few things were flung across the room. Thankfully nothing had broken, but he was sure that if he looked something was going to be cracked.

He couldn't get over this feeling though. The entire time he was in that room he had panicked. He was full of anxiety and his thoughts wouldn't shut up. He was afforded a moment of peace as his mind kept bringing him back to the horrors of his childhood. Every event that he ever went through to lead him to ending up in this place kept flashing in behind his eyes.

They were all gone though. Not one of them weighed him down as he sat beside the cupboard, revealing his newfound silence.

With that silence though came a feeling of unease.

Where was Izuku?

He looked around the room, trying to see if there was anywhere the omega could be hiding, other than the cabinet of course.

When he didn't see any sign of green eyes or freckles, he turned the cabinet. He prayed that Izuku was in there, that he wasn't taken as well.

He knocked on the wooden wall he was closest to. Rough from disuse his voice was hoarse and scratching, though that didn't stop Todoroki from calling to the omega softly, pleading for an answer.

When none came, the alpha immediately began to panic.

Why wasn't there a response?

Todoroki struggled to stand, having to use the wall and the top of the cabinet to help him up. He was horrified the moment his hand touched the top of the wood.

When he finally got himself to his desired height and looked at the top of the cabinet, his eyes started to well up at the sight of deep claw marks marring his omegas safe-space.

"Izuku?" Todoroki whispered, needing to hear a response.

"Izuku, please!" He pleaded, voice raising as the tears started to spill over. He rushed to the front of the cabinet, pulling on the handles of the doors.

They were locked. It gave the alpha a slight bit of hope, but the quiet blanketing the room scared him.

He tugged harder. The creaking of the wood only egged him on, if he had to rip the doors of their hinges he would without hesitation.

Then a soft whine called out to him, quiet enough he could barely hear it over his panic, but he heard nonetheless. It spurred him on even more.

Another yank and he felt the handles begin to give. Another and the hinges began to creak. One last pull causes the doors to splinter and break apart, the wood pulling off the hinges with the handles securely held in his grip.

He threw them to the side before meeting the green eyes almost hidden under a mass of blankets in the now door-less cabinet.

Izuku was there. Safe and unharmed, or at least appearing to be.

Todoroki reached forward hesitantly, wanting nothing more than to take his omega in his arms and never let him go.

He was slightly unnerved by the omega's unblinking stare. His eyes were so clouded the iris was practically white. Tears were still running sluggishly down his face.

Todoroki was heartbroken. Without any further hesitation, Todoroki reached in and tugged the omega gently into his arms. He maneuvered the two of them so that Izuku was still lying in the nest but also held tightly against Shoto. It was a bit awkward, but it was hardly noticed.

"Izuku?" The alpha whispered, trying to look into Izukus eyes, wanting to see that shine return rather than the dull gaze.

"I have you. I have you, love. You're safe now. I will never let you go again"

Todoroki couldn't help but think of the others as he laid in the cabinet with Izuku sleeping on his chest.

How was it that he was allowed to return but the others weren't? Would they ever return? Where are they? Will they return at some point like he was?

His thoughts came to halt as the omega on top of him started to move. Izuku squirmed slightly, moving up inch by inch, like he was searching for something even though his eyes were still closed.

Todoroki's eyes softened as he tugged the omega up higher so his nose rested against the side of his neck where his gland was. Todoroki tried to laugh at the small tickling feeling of the omega breathing in deeply.

Todoroki felt as though he would cry when the sweet little omega on top of him hesitantly starting purring.

He wrapped his arms tighter around Izuku, rumbling quietly in response.

"Izuku?" Todoroki tried, his voice heavy from emotion he usually never showed.

"Izuku, darling?" He tried again, running a hand through his faded hair.

Izuku hummed quietly in response, gently gasping Todoroki's shirt.

"Sho?" Izuku mumbled, speaking as though he was dreaming.

"Oh god, Izuku" Todoroki cried, relief crashing down on him at the small sound, gripping Izuku tighter.

"Sho, your back?" the omega whispered sleepily, nuzzling further into the alpha's neck.

"I'm here, i'm here" the alpha reassured. "Can you look at me, love? Please?"

Todoroki placed his hand on the omega's check, lightly moving Izuku so he could see Izuku.

"Hey" Todoroki said when the two were finally face to face. Instead of answering verbally, Izuku just chirped, nuzzling into the alphas palm.

"I missed you so much" the alpha murmured, leaning up to meet the omega, rubbing their cheeks together before moving down towards the omegas neck, scenting him carefully and lovingly.

Izuku sighed at the attention. If this was a dream, he never wanted to wake up.

--------------

I've never done a double update before, but I felt bad giving you all that heavy chapter right before Christmas so, Merry Christmas!!