~50~ the nursing home buddy

~george pov~

literally don't know how to describe their relationship haha

"I don't understand," Quackity's eyes are wide and his mouth his dropped as he watches me win once again, taking even more of his money, "How are you so good, George?"

"It's his pretty boy privilege," Dream rolls his eyes. He searches the crowded room. I wonder if he's looking for fans, but most people in here are in their seventies. I don't think we're in a high risk zone of being recognized, but I understand the slight paranoia. "Can we go get some fries?"

"YES" Sapnap yells, "That is a great idea. Did everyone hear his idea? It was great."

"Alright, you've had enough of that water." Karl laughs as he takes the cup away from him. I never even noticed what he ordered, so I can't tell if it's a joke or not.

"Let's get some food." Alex stands from the table.

They go to the restaurant next to the gift shop. I pop into the gift shop to spend some of my earnings before meeting back up with the group.

"Fries on me, guys." Alex points to himself, "I'll pay. I got you all."

"Dream," I say, tapping his shoulder.

He turns around. I place the very outlandish hat on top of his head, and pass him some glasses. They say Vegas where the lenses are.

He laughs a bit. "Is this my disguise for being in public?"

"You look amazing." Karl laughs as he turns around. "Honestly, you should wear those daily."

"Maybe I will," Clay raises his head a little higher. He's still paranoid, but he feels a little better now.

"Don't eat them all," I say as I slide into the booth next to Quackity. We picked one in a more secluded area, so Clay takes the glasses off. He keeps the hat on though.

"I'm not going to." Karl laughs as he takes another fry. We should've gotten more than just two baskets, even though they're pretty big.

"George says that like he's not the one who's going to eat them all." Quackity shakes his head.

"That's true." Nick nods in agreement.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I can feel my face burn a little bit.

"You just tend to eat everyone's food." Clay shrugs.

"How did you all simultaneously agree to that though?" I laugh, then my mouth drops. "Do you guys talk about my eating habits behind my back? That's mean guys. That is mean."

"No no do not put mouths in my words," Clay says, "Wait-"

"Mouths in your words?" Karl laughs. "Okay, Clay."

"I mean we'll try not to, but it'll be hard." Quackity puts his hands up in joking defense.

"Wow, you were so guilty you stuttered." I shake my head. "How disappointing."

"No, you can't say that." Dream can't help but wheeze. "We talk about how you take all our stuff."

My face is definitely red now. "What?"

Karl nods in agreement. "You used my charger the other day, and I had to get it from your room to get it back."

"You took my blanket," Quackity points out.

"I-" I laugh a bit then cross my arms. "I don't know what you're referring to."

"It's okay, George," Nick says, "We were just pointing out a habit. It's cute that you have to depend on us."

"I'm literally the oldest one here."

"Doesn't matter," Nick shrugs. "You're babied."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. "What's next on the agenda?" I try to change the subject.

"I'm not sure." Nick grabs a fry from the basket in front of him.

"We went gambling," Quackity says with a shrug, "That's all I really care about."

I nod. "I'm a whole lot richer now."

"Literally shut up," Karl shakes his head.

"Wait, Clay," Nick perks up from his thought process. "What time is it?"

"Uhh," Clay unlocks his phone to check the time. "It's 11:43."

"Crap, we got to go guys." Nick shoos us out of the booth. We all follow blindly and get up. Quackity throws the trash away, and Dream puts his glasses back on.

We're walking out of the building, wondering where we're going.

"How long does it take to get back to the hotel?" Nick asks as we start walking.

"Like fifteen minutes?" Karl takes a wild guess.

"Then we have to run," Nick picks up his pace. "Come on, guys."

None of us ask where we're going. Nick came to Vegas alone for some reason, although none of us are really sure. This rush has to be connected, and nobody wants to get in the way of that.

We run all the way back to the hotel. I'm falling behind and am out of breath by the time we rush into the lobby.

"This way." Nick takes a turn towards the elevator.

He hits the up button multiple times. "Come on, come on."

The door finally opens, and we all file in. He hits the button to the highest floor.

Alex is bent over panting. Clay is wheezing, not from jokes but from running so hard. Karl has his back against the wall and leans his head back as he tries to catch his breath.

Nick stands right in front of the door, watching the numbers go up.

"Time check?" he asks as we get near the top.

"11:58."

"Damn it," Nick mutters. He looks up at the ceiling of the elevator. "Please be open still."

The doors open, and he rushes out. He's out of breath as he bursts through a door that leads to a staircase. We make it to the flight of stairs, and a door lies at the top. A sign above it says roof.

Nick pushes through the door, only for it to be secured shut.

"Damn it," he whispers as he leans against it.

We stand in the stairway. None of us say a word, but we all think the same thing. What are we doing here?  The only thing heard is heavy breathing.

Nick steps away from the door to stare at it. Almost as if he could burn his way through it with laser eyes. Eventually he gives up.

"This.." Nick tries to explain after a bit. "This.. On Taegan and I's first date we talked about going to the highest building in Vegas and seeing the lights from the view." He pauses to catch his breath still. He points to the door.  "But it closed at midnight."

My stomach drops. I should've known it had to do with Taegan.

It's almost bitter sweet. We were having so much fun that we don't get to see Taegan's view. That was probably the first time any of us have had real fun in a while. I know for me it was at least.

We let out a collective sigh, knowing it was time to head down to the room. The mood went from excited for what was coming to disappointed.

Alex is still on the second to last step. He turns to start heading down the stairs when a breeze hits all of us.

The door opened from the other side.

~author's note~

i've grown so attached to these little people and to see them happy (even if it's just for a little bit) makes me feel really happy.. 

fun fact that idk if i actually want to share this but george was supposed to 'the ex' but it didn't fit with how i wanted sapnap and tae to meet, so i just dropped the idea and thought i'd come up with one as i went... obviously i didn't but still george and tae are so wholesome it makes me happy

hope you're enjoying <3