Chapter Thirty-Three

I pace around my office nervously. I've been nervous ever since that call. It's been two days... my birthday- Harley's one-year anniversary of being six-feet underground. It's just a perfect day for me.

Blake has been quiet for two days, but I have a sick feeling that is boiling in the pit of my stomach. I know Blake. I know my ex-boyfriend. He has a plan.

He has a plan to ruin everything. He likes to torture me get inside my head make me jump at every creak, crack, or bang. Which I do I always do. But he's fucking with my friend. Her future. She could go to jail for first-degree murder. Even when she didn't commit. She was asleep next to me. I woke up first. She was still asleep. We walked down into the garage and saw all the stuff gone... all the prank stuff was gone except for the gallon of fake blood that remain.

I can't think I can't see straight.

Ever since that call and the dream I had that night everything has thrown me off. I'm worried about Kayla and what Blake's next step is.

And I can't stop thinking about fucking Landon and the dream I had of him two nights ago. It just felt so real.

••••••

My body feels numb. My ass hurts. I rub my eyes taking a glance around my apartment to see I'm on the floor. That's why my ass hurts. I fell asleep. I fell asleep on the floor in my kitchen.

I tense as I hear my front door open. God, am I dreaming? I hear the footsteps grow closers, but my body is to numb to move. My eyes are already closing back up again without my consent.

"God sweetheart," his sweet thick voice licks through my ears sending sparks all over my body.

Yep, I'm definitely dreaming.

I don't remember much but the next thing I know I'm being placed on my bed. I peek my eyes open. I see his shadow form over me, "Landon?" I whisper, "Am I dreaming?" I ask.

He doesn't speak he moves me over to the other side of the bed, "Yes you are sweetheart now go back to sleep," I watch as he gets in next to me.

Landon cuddles me as I sleep. I feel safe. I feel at home. I feel warm and complete again.

••••••

That dream felt so real. Even his scent lingered in my new sheets I got. I think my imagination really is trying to torture me by making me think I can actually smell him.

God, I'm going out of my mind! I walk out of my office making my way to the kitchen in desperate need of caffeine. I walk past the interns all sketching and gossiping away as they normally do. Gwen is in the kitchen when I enter. I give him a quick smile, "Afternoon," she greets.

"Good afternoon, Gwen. Did you just brew some coffee?" I ask she nods making me groan in pleasure, "Did you brew enough for two cups?" she nods again smiling passing me a mug.

"I had a feeling you were going to come in. I also have a feeling like something bad is going to happen today," I tense and look at her.

"Like what?" I find myself asking sipping on my hot coffee.

"Like the truth is finally going to come out," I feel all the blood drain in my face.

"Oh well thanks for the coffee, goodbye Gwen," I turn on my heel and rush out of the kitchen I need to get back to my phone. I pass the interns again. They're still gossiping. I get a little earful as I walk past them.