Chapter Thirty-Eight

I close the door behind us. I've never felt so... clam. I'm just done keeping it a secret. I'm so ready to finally tell someone who isn't Kayla to have another person's perspective.

"Okay before I tell you, you need to promise me that you'll protect our families," he nods sitting at the end of the bed.

"I promise I'll do everything I can to protect your family," he pulls his lip together looking at me, "Can I ask something before you start?" I nod, "Did you, do it?" he question catches me off guard.

"Did I do what?"

"Did you kill Harley Quest?" I feel as if I've been stab.

I suck in a deep breath, "No I did not do it. Blake did," those words felt so good leaving my lips, "Blake Hudson murdered Harley Quest," I don't know why a stated it so formally, but I did.

Landon cocks an eyebrow, "If Blake did it why didn't you just tell the cops?" it's a normal question because it looks so plan and simple but when you hear the full story it's not.

"Just shut up and listen you'll understand," I sit next to him.

••••••

25th of August. One day till my 25th birthday and the day after our ex-best friend threw a huge prank on us. We cut off all contact with her after what she did.

I mean my brother and dad could have been killed. Harley set fire to my house. And of course, it got out of hand. I'm just glad my family got out of there when they did. I can't lose the last bit of blood family I have.

Kayla and I have decided to get a little revenge for ourselves. And just like her she didn't hold back so neither are we.

"Okay so I'll go get the barrel, the wrench and the hammer and screw drives and also the axe and fake blood, while you set up the fake email to send to Harley," Kayla jots down the list on her notepad.

"Don't forget a black plastic bag that looks big enough for a body make sure to get two. Oh, and some gasoline and matches," she nods adding them to her notepad.

"Is that everything?" she asks I nod and mumble a "yep", "Okay well I'll be back in around an hour, okay?" she kisses the top of my head, "Love you see you soon."

"Love you too," I wave good-bye to her as she walks out of her bedroom.

I'm staying with Kayla while Harper and dad stay at one of his mates house. Kayla's family is out visiting her grandma for the weekend so it's perfect timing.

I know we're grown adults and shouldn't be pulling pranks and that, but she almost killed my family yesterday. Harley deserves to know what that felt like.

My phone vibrates next to me and my boyfriend's name flashes on my screen. I glance at the messages.

Hey baby just checking we still on for lunch tomorrow for your birthday.

I smile the only reason I still celebrate my birthday is because of him. Blake Hudson my boyfriend since 6th grade. I know we've been together for a long time and now I'm almost twenty-five he's only a few months older than me.

I fell in love with Blake really quickly. He was charming and sweet and also very hot. His blonde hair and captivating light brown almost kind of a yellow colour eyes. There around the same colour as the caramilk chocolate.