Chapter Thirty-Nine

My heart beats against my chest as I grow closer to his hotel. I tug my jacket closer to myself but the pillow I put under it just to protect my stomach in case he tries to do something is making it a bit harder.

I knock on the door with three hesitated pounds. It only takes a second before I hear the click of the lock and the door swings open.

There stands my worst nightmare right in front of my face. His blonde hair is still gelled back from today in court even though it's almost midnight. He smiles as if he is on top of the moon when he sees me standing at his door.

"I'm so glad you messaged me baby," he steps out of the way so I could enter.

I swallow the lump that had form in the back of my throat down before stepping into his hotel room, "Of course, Blake. I mean you're my first love that just doesn't go away overnight," I try giving him a genuine smile, but it more come off as an awkward side smile.

He chuckles, "I knew it was only a matter of time," he touches my back, "I'm way better than that lawyer," I tense at the mention of Landon.

Blake spins me around to look at him before slowly bringing his lips close to mine only millimeters away, "Blake," I whisper making him pull away.

"What?" he asks his eyes are narrow. He seems unpleased that I made him pull away.

"Before we talk about us, I have one request," he nods for me to continue, "I want you to tell me everything you did that night," he looks at me with wide eyes.

"Why?" he questions sitting down on the bed.

"Because I don't want any more secrets between us," I sit down beside him and place my hands on top of his, "This is how you get me to trust you again," he looks at me hesitant a bit.

His lips part like he's going to speak but quickly press together clamping his mouth shut, "Please," I whisper, "No more secrets," I kiss his cheek against my better judgement.

"Okay but give me your phone," I don't hesitate I pull my phone out of my pocket and pass it to him... well I pass him a deco phone, "That day we face timed, the day before your birthday and you showed me all that stuff you had for the prank," he chuckles a bit, "It just gave me an idea..." my jaw clenches shut, "What if it wasn't a prank. What if it was real..."?

••••••

Doesn't she look amazing sleeping. Her hair is sprawled behind her. She lets out a soft snore. Her and Kayla lay in Kayla's bed dead asleep. Their alarm is ringing but none of them are moving.

They won't wake up if they didn't wake up the first time. I give a quick kiss to my future fiancé before heading back downstairs of Kayla's house.

I'm planning on proposing to Charlie-Rose tomorrow but first I have to get rid of a threat. They've already done the hard part for me.

I open the garage door to see the barrel sitting there along with the other stuff. Perfect. I load it into the back of my truck before getting in and making my way to an old friend.

I kill the engine to my truck a few houses away from Harley's. I pull my hoodie over my head and jump out of my truck. I pull out the duffle bag and fling it over my shoulder.

This is going to be fun.

I pick at the front door until I hear a click and it opens. I know there's going to be an alarm as soon as I open this door. Most houses in this neighborhood do like mine.