11

*Leighton's POV*

I know Sam heard me, and now I was internally freaking out.

Would he say something to me? Does he care? Would he tell Nate?

He raised an eyebrow at me before opening the front door and walking inside, Kat and I standing off to the side. 

My chest felt like it was going to burst with how fast my heart was racing right now

Kat was staring at me with a knowing look, trying to mask her surprise as they passed, but once they walked past us, she smacked my arm with her eyes widened and her mouth open.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything...

We walked inside and I grabbed a water bottle before heading up towards my room, needing to unpack the box I left when I heard Sam call out "Don't you want to hang out with us?" He asked, standing in the hallway so he could see me on the stairs.

"I want to go rest before we leave" I told him and Sam nodded, going to find the others.

Thank god.

I sat on the floor, hunched over the box I had half ass packed last night, pulling some stuff back out, thoughts filling my head about the situation that just happened.

Would he say something?

It wasn't until I heard someone ask "Hey, are you okay?" that I noticed I had tears falling down my cheeks. 

I cursed at myself. I really thought the constant crying was over with.

That was one thing I was hating about pregnancy so far. I usually was so rational and thought things through, but ever since I became pregnant, I've become over dramatic, and I cry every two seconds. It was honestly starting to piss me off and I'm sure others weren't enjoying it either, which made me feel insanely insecure around them.

I nodded, wiping my tears and glancing up towards Kat.

Kat helped me put some stuff away, both of us not saying a word.

Was she going to talk to me about what I stupidly asked her? I really wanted to get this awkward interaction over with...

"Are you mad at me?" 

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"For asking if Nate had a girlfriend?" I bit my bottom lip, trying to figure out what her reaction would be.

"Oh! No, I'm not mad. I'm a little confused. Why? Do you like him?"

"It might just be my hormones talking" I blushed, feeling the familiar tingle overcome my body, with no way to help it go away.

"What?" She laughed, making me blush harder, not wanting to confess the thoughts in my head.

"I'm kind of horny" I spoke softly, hiding my face as I heard her cackle and then cough, sputtering.

"Dude don't go after Nate if you just want sex. Sam and Colby would be pissed" She chuckled, and I groaned, flopping back against my mattress. 

"It's not my fault I'm single and pregnant, and he's hot as fuck!" I whined, feeling sexually frustrated.

It's been a while... and pregnancy hormones were no joke...

I was now sitting upright on my bed, tracing the rose tattoo on my hand as I continued to think about my baby.

The idea of this baby coming, especially since I'm single and broke, made me spiral down a rabbit hole of everything I needed to start doing to prepare. First step was I needed to save up to afford necessities and I was feeling extremely overwhelmed. I pulled out my phone and searched for symptoms of the first trimester, reading through a couple articles.