Chapter 38

Around 5 in the evening I was done with my work so I went into his cabin. I knocked and opened the door just to peek inside. He was on the phone, when he saw me he motioned me to come in. I sat on the chair opposite to him and took this opportunity to watch him. His hair was ruffled, his brown eyes were slightly narrowed, his lips pursed as if disliking what the person on the other side said. His muscles flexed through his shirt as he held his phone. That man is made of pure muscles. Someone snapped their fingers in front of me pulling me out of my reverie. "You okay? I've been calling you for the last five minutes. You were not replying," Alex said concerned. "I'm fine. I was thinking about something," I lied. Well I can't just say that I was mentally drooling over him.
"Here are the files you asked me to review. All the files seem right except this one," I said, giving the file to him. He analysed the file for a few minutes and said, "I'll look into this." I nodded and continued, "Your signature is required in these files. Mr. Williams called to fix a meeting. When should I schedule the meeting?" I gave him the other set of files. Looking at the set of files he exhaled and said "Fix that meeting this week only." "You have Wednesday at 3 pm free. Is that okay?" He nods. "I'll just inform his secretary," I said standing up. "No need. Inform his secretary tomorrow. First bring me some coffee. Then you can leave. Driver will drop you home," he said. I nodded. I made his coffee and gave it to him. I went into my cabin, packed my belongings and went home. It's only been a few days and I've already started calling this place home. I quickly undressed myself and went into the bathroom. I just stood there and thought how my life changed in a few days and I'm free from my uncle's clutches. All thanks to Alex. I flinched as cold water hit my body. I changed into something comfy and went downstairs. Theresa was already in the kitchen so I went there and greeted her. "Oh I was preparing the dinner. It's almost done," Theresa said. I said okay and sat on the barstool, talking to her. I couldn't stop smiling today. I felt free.

Alexander's POV

In no time Wednesday rolled on and I was meeting Mr. Williams today. He is a shrewd businessman in his 40's. If I get this deal my legal business will become number one. 5 minutes before 3 Isa came in my cabin knocking the door informing me that Mr. Williams arrived. I nodded and followed her to the meeting room. After two hours of discussions and negotiations we cracked the deal.

And about Isabella, god it has been only 2 days and she's driving me crazy. The way she smiles, the way she scrunches her eyebrows when she is working, the way she bites her lips when she tries to understand something, her every small action makes me feel protective towards her. And at work she is the most diligent, hardworking and efficient employee. Even though it has been only two days since she started, she is working more efficiently than my other female assistants whom I had hired before Rayn.

She is like a mystery I want to solve. Kate told me that something happened that caused her panic attacks and I think it is something related to those Thompson's. If it is related to the Thompson's they are going to face my wrath. I am feeling an unusual possessiveness towards her. I like spending time with her during lunch and dinner. Even if we don't have anything to talk about, there is a comfortable silence with her. I like that silence with her.
My mom once said, "Choose someone who you enjoy spending time with." I like spending time with her.

My mom and dad got arranged but slowly fell in love with each other and still are in love. It is very difficult to find such love in mafia. I have always doted on their relationship. As my dad was busy with the mafia and other businesses, he rarely got some time to spend with us but whenever he got time he used to give us his undivided attention. During dinner also everyone refrains from talking about business. It is the rule that my mom made which we always try to follow. I want something like them. Now when I close my eyes and think about all these only one face come in my mind. Isabella.
Fuck! I like her.

Enjoy!