197-199

Chapter 197 - Is That How It's Going to be? (1)

All Duchess Capet could think of right now was "WTF". Embarrassing. It was very embarrassing. To make matters worse, she had embarrassed herself in front of her new friend. While she felt that she and Fang could relate to each other, there was certainly also some sense of competition between the two beautiful women. Now that she had embarrassed herself so much, she just wish she could bury herself in a hole right now.

The only thing that made her feel better right now was how calm Fang was. She didn't make a big deal out of it, like it was nothing out of the ordinary. Especially when she had reacted quickly and had already placed her wig back on her while she was still stunned.

She looked around them and, sure enough, nobody else had noticed it. She let out a big sigh of relief. Fang was certainly a nice person!

Once Duchess Capet had calmed down, she gave Fang JunRong a bright smile. "Thank you."

"No problem."

She was very pretty when she smiled, bright and charming. Fang JunRong might appear very calm but the impact from what she had seen was so strong that she immediately recalled the earlier scene when she saw Duchess Capet's smile.

That being said, she understood why Duchess Capet did what she did. She, too, would choose to wear a wig if she was in her shoes.

Thinking of that, Fang JunRong felt that she could relate to the duchess. She whispered into the duchess's ear in a volume that only she could hear, "I will give you a few bottles of my Hair Growing Cream to try out after the auction. It is what I have been using recently."

Having said that, Fang JunRong showed the duchess pictures of herself from a while back and compared them with a more recent photo. Her hair now looked like some sort of filter had been applied to the photo.

"Alright." Duchess Capet looked, once again, at Fang JunRong's hair. She was extremely envious. It was only her dream to have quality and quantity of hair like that. She had already tried too many folk remedies for her hair but all of the results were temporary at best. She was a perfectionist and could stand any imperfections so she had been wearing a wig for the last year.

With this secret between the two of them, their relationship had reached yet a new level. Duchess Capet asked Fang JunRong the rocks that she had in mind and expressed that she would not bid against her.

Duchess Capet, in reality, was quite a genuine person.

Fang JunRong's smile became more sincere. "Why, thank you then."

Part of the reason that Fang JunRong had offered to help was out of compassion but, inevitably, there was also a part of her that thought of Duchess Capet as a live advertisement. Now she was more sincere in her intention to help her out.

Duchess Capet, too, was very happy that her kindness had been accepted. Whenever she had said something to that effect in the past, she would always receive an odd look from others. Finally, someone told her that when she talked like that, others would think she was just showing off her wealth.

But not Fang!

"JunRong, you are here too."

Came a familiar female voice.

Fang JunRong looked over in the direction of the voice and saw Bai ShiYuan. She was surrounded by a few experts who were up there in age. It was obvious that she had these rocks in mind, which was why she had brought so many experts with her.

Fang JunRong recalled that both her family and her husband's owned jewelry chain stores. No wonder she tried so hard to kiss up to Old Geng. Old Geng was, after all, someone who possessed a gemstone mine. Lo and behold, the warm jade that she tried so hard to get her hand on was nothing in light of Fang JunRong's jadeite. It would make sense that Bai Shiyuan held grudges against her. That being said, Fang JunRong didn't feel that she had done anything wrong. Bai Shiyuan was the one who started the fight between the two of them. All Fang JunRong did was to hold her ground.