200-202

Chapter 200 - As Though Something Had Exploded, Her World Went Dark Around Her (1)

Fang JunRong's target was the stone No. 134, one of the ones that were very promising. This rock was sliced directly into two halves and the parts that were exposed were of excellent quality of the glassy species. The outer layer looked to be lime with no crack. It was about as good as it could get. Its starting price was 28 million.

Fang JunRong recalled that the mystical qi of this piece was very mediocre. It was obviously that the interior of the piece did not match what one could see from its exterior – a perfect specimen for Bai Shiyuan.

With no hesitation, she said, "50 million."

The amount that almost doubled the starting price made everyone gasped.

Fang JunRong wasn't very loud but it was just loud enough in the very quiet venue for Bai Shiyuan to hear her. "This one looks pretty promising. I think it is perfect for skincare."

Bai Shiyuan couldn't stand to hear the word "skincare". She almost crushed her teeth and also input a number. Raising her sign, "78 million."

All of the others who had their eyes on this felt their teeth hurting. These two had straight up raised the cost above the amount that they had in mind so they had no choice but to give up. After all, they all had a budget in mid.

Fang JunRong raised the price again without hesitation. "91 million."

"102 million."

The aggressiveness between the two was obvious, explosive, and the prices went up sky high.

Even those with Bai Shiyuan was trying to talk her down.

"At this rate, you will lose money even if you win the bid."

Bai Shiyuan didn't look too happy but she was still stubborn. "It's fine. The rock looks very promising. It can become the best attraction of our shop." Their family hadn't been doing well the last few years and had only been able to bring in mid-level gems. They lacked high-end ones to boost up the classiness of their shop.

Bai Shiyuan was, after all, the boss lady. What else could the others say after she had said that? They have already said what they should and could.

When the price reached 103 million, Fang JunRong gave up and Bai Shiyuan won the bid.

Bai Shiyuan's heart was bleeding but, when she saw the disappointment on Fang JunRong, she felt energized immediately. As though she had won some sort of battle, she gave Fang JunRong a complacent look.

Fang JunRong repeated her same trick and raised the prices. It worked every time and Bai Shiyuan would fall into every single trap that Fang JunRong had set for her. She had bought all of the doomed ones. She had limited capital and had spent all of her money on the few rocks.

Finally, she could do nothing else but just watch Fang JunRong bid on other rocks and no longer had the ability to raise the prices.

She was mad: She could have bought more. It was all Fang JunRong's fault for competing with her and made her spent so much extra money.

Evidently, she had completely forgotten that she was the one who started it all.

When Fang JunRong was done squeezing out all of Bai Shiyuan's capital, she happily bought the few that she truly had her eyes on. Even Jiang DeXian bought a small piece himself.

The auction lasted two days and, at the end of the second day, she paid and was about to take off with her purchases when she was stopped by Bai Shiyuan, "Don't you want to have your gems extracted, JunRong?"